Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke55 Project

Featured Replies

Hello everyone. So I've been wanting to get a corolla project for a while and then this little beauty popped up. This 1980 ke55 which belonged to a good mate of mine that he wanted to do up but never got the chance. Bought it on Saturday.

 

It's a 4k with 5 speed. The engine has done less than 10,000kms since it's rebuild. I spoke with the original owner who did the work to it and was a little bit hazy with the details but he told me that it has:

Balanced Crankshaft

Some sort of lumpy cam

Bored out 20thou

Head work

And of course a 32/36 Webber :hmm:

 

It has lowered king springs on the front and adjustable shockers in the rear.

 

The interior in this thing is immaculate. And very very brown lol. It's also got at least $500 worth of pioneer stereo equipment all wired up. And an immobiliser, but i'm yet to figure that thing out.

 

The body is the only thing that lets the car down, my mate hacked at it with a grinder and removed the lower portion of the rear quarter but other than that this thing is straight as a dime. Came with good condition bonnet, left hand guard and front splitter. It's had some really bad bog work done to it from a couple of years back when me and my mate thought we knew what we were doing. :yes:. The engine bay has been sprayed in firefox silver but I'm not too keen on painting the whole car that colour though. Ideas??

 

Plans for it are, fix the rear quarter, weld in a new one. Straighten up the body and then respray :wink:

 

Here's some pics... Sorry there is none with the car complete, got carried away and started stripping it before I bought a new camera.

 

DSCF0005.jpg

 

Once I clean this engine bay it will look top notch!

DSCF0006.jpg

 

Just a little bit messy, needs a vaccuum.

DSCF0007.jpg

 

Tastefully done door trims i reckon.

DSCF0008.jpg

 

DSCF0009.jpg

 

Rear quarter cut out by previous owner.

DSCF0010.jpg

 

New rear quarter :y:

DSCF0011.jpg

 

First person to notice something odd about this parcel shelf wins a prize.

DSCF0012.jpg

 

Spare panels:

DSCF0013.jpg

 

DSCF0014.jpg

 

DSCF0015.jpg

 

DSCF0016.jpg

 

Lowered springs

DSCF0020.jpg

 

And the best part about it all is the price I paid for it... $500!!!

 

Enjoy,

Jason

Edited by Jason KE30

  • Replies 76
  • Views 41k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Jase,

 

She's gonna look good, not like you or your dad lack the skills to get it lookin shmicko.

 

Didnt really notice the lumpy cam when i saw it saturday.

 

As for the parcel shelf: Its not brown?

  • Author

Guess again ry-dogg. Once you notice it's pretty gangsta. Pretty sure it's not a lumpy cam, the guy didn't give me any details. All he said was a 'bigger' cam.

Are the speakers different sizes (one round one oval?) or is that just the angle of the photo.

 

By the way the car looks like it will be a sweet ride when finished, goodluck with it

Edited by crispyke35

hmmm only thing i can notice is where the speakers are mounted they are raised up

  • Author

Ahhh we have a winner. Well done GTS-T Sedan. It was a pretty bad pic I'll give ya that.

Someone has made it so that the speakers are moulded into the parcel shelf making them sit higher than usual. It's the first time I've seen anything like it and they've done a top job with it too. Looks awesome in person.

I've got 2 stockies you you have another 2. let me know and you can come pick em up :yes:

  • Author

I've been thinking about what colour I want to paint this beast. And knowing me, I want something out there and out of the ordinary. These are my ideas and I want some peoples opinions.

 

post-5233-1256720034.jpg

 

post-5233-1256720059_thumb.jpg

 

post-5233-1256720082_thumb.jpg

1st one....

 

I swear some ke3X came out in a near colour to that.

the colour on the ute would be the first rolla ive seen in that colour. definatly out of the ordinary

  • Author

Yes they did come out with an aqua type colour, quite rare too. I've only seen a couple of them. One of them being at upi right now. The ford colour is quite nice i reckon and would look good with my already silver engine bay.

 

I had a look on ebay at brand new rubbers for the entire car and Bangkok Parts is selling a 7 piece set for $129. Quite cheap really. Has anyone bought these off ebay before? Would I be better off buying a set locally?

  • Author

Oh and I thought I should mention that I am doing this car up as a ke30 lookalike. Not the biggest fan of the ke55 stylings. So that means it will have ke30 bumpers, grille, headlights and bonnet. Everything else will be staying as is.

link for rubbers?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.