Picnic At Hanging Rock Car Show

silverra23

G'day all Victorians

This event is a good one to put in your diaries now. By far the biggest car show in Victoria, there are usually so many cars that you can't get around to see them all in the time available!

Its held at Hanging Rock, just north of Melbourne, on February 14th (very romantic valentine's day!!)

The Celica guys on toymods usually organise a bit of a convoy in so they can be all parked together. rollaclub guys might consider the same thing or even joining the celica guys.

They do knock back late models so its probably going to be more KE's that they would take in the show, but its worth the drive up for a look regardless of what you have.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good show, bloody huge and more makes and models than you could imagine!

The most recent show I went to had over 3000 cars attend and after hours of looking round we decided to cruise the grounds in the car on the way out... Until we were kicked out for it! Soo, this is strictly a static show and is a great excuse to pull out the picnic rug and have a great relaxing time.

After all that I'm sure you can tell I thoroughly enjoyed the show so come along and see it for yourself! Thanks for bringing it to our attention early Adam!

JP

• 2 months later...
you've got PLENTY of time to get the celica finished :hmm:

else the pink charade would go well parked next to the Lancia :D

charade isn't repaired and in a state that is show worthy...

mr hanky might be registered then, but not sure he is show worthy either...

as for the celica.. it might happen... maybe...

what will you be in? :)

i'm heading up for this but am unsure of what i'll be in. either the ke20 or a mates ta22 or something else... maybe.

Not taking the Rolls lol, Angelos gunna take his ute if it's finished in time so then Dad will probably take his ute aswell. I'll probably take the MG with Mum lol.

you not gonna take the mini?

and is there no way to get the rest of the fleet down there?? tis only a short drive.

I wish I could take the mini but it's not very driveable atm. As for the rest of the fleet, dad doesn't seem to think Rolls Royces are appreciated as much at shows like Hanging Rock so he likes to take some of the other cars.

We don't have enough drivers anyway lol and I'm still only on my L's so I'll have to go with mum (if only it was 11 days later grrr).