Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bankai Motorsports

Featured Replies

i think coz your helping us you should definatly take some credit for the sr20 capri.

 

Also. Are you going to get stickers made? I'll cover the 70 in them if you do. Free advertising :)

  • Author
i think coz your helping us you should definatly take some credit for the sr20 capri.

 

Also. Are you going to get stickers made? I'll cover the 70 in them if you do. Free advertising :)

 

 

Not sure about taking credit, but i won't complain if you guys wanted to put a little sticker on it. hehe.

 

I'll definately be getting stickers made, but initially I'll only be offering them to certain customers with certain cars. Kinda want to claim my own work before stickers are strewn all over the place. I'll be giving stickers out on my first drag outing, so keep an eye out for that... should be interesting to say the least.

 

Oh, had a hitch with the 3SGE flywheel... am looking at other options, but worst case we'll just machine our own.

 

Otherwise, is looking good, and will be getting the AE86 into the workshop VERY soon to test fit and a bunch of other bits such as roll caging and suspension tuning.

  • 2 months later...

1MZ into KE would be something to see, woud that be street legal? i would assume you would have to redo suspension, breaks, dif ect.... would be interested in getting a price for that one

 

but on the otherhand can't you get about 350-400 out of a worked 4age? woulden't it be an easier/cheaper option? (i could be wrong, not having a go. just a serious question)

Edited by Reaper_Mobb

  • Author

Sure it's possible, but you're talking full build... Forged internals, billet everything and some hefty amounts of boost... And then, most of the power is found in revs with a 4A anyway. I'd be pretty comfortable stating that no... getting to the 350-400 mark with a 4AGE would not be cheaper. Easier maybe, in the sense that everyone has done it before, and the aftermarket support is already there, but at a price. Gotta love Takumi Tax.

 

We've got a rough estimate on final price for the bellhousing to do this conversion, and we are utilizing as many of the camry/vienta parts as possible to get it in the car and running. We'll also be doing engine mounts for a variety of RWD cars, and KE rollas will be second to the top of that list. (AE* rollas will be up first.) Complete adaption kits will be made up, including bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, mounts etc (I think the only thing you'd need to sort is the inlet mani, which is looking like we'll be doing an adaptor plate for anyway...)

 

I'm giving a rough estimate for the engine conversion at around the $3500 mark. That's including purchase of the engine, and a couple of hundred thrown on top just to be safe. for an additional $1500 there can be a decent sized single hanging from it, as we'll be doing turbo setups too, when the time comes.

 

As far as braking and suspension upgrades and engineering is concerned, 400hp is 400hp no matter what engine is producing it... Based on capacity, the 3L 1MZ is within the limits of engineering for *E7* corollas, so provided all the other upgrades (which would need to be done for engineering any engine conversion or mod producing the same power) are taken care of too, it's certainly can be street legal, and quite a fast car.

 

I've got a 3TGTE in one of my T18s, and even though the lowest spec 1MZ produces the same power, the difference in torque is where it's at... a 1MZ in an AE71 will easily be quicker than my 3TGTE T18, plus have much more room to move in the mods department.

 

 

Anyways, the good news is that next week things get REALLY serious. The test fitting begins, mounts are mocked up and prototype bellhousing is completed. We've also got to do a little bit of body straightening, but the end result will be very tidy indeed. I'll put up a couple of sneak peek pics weekend after next...

ok well that all explains it. i was just reading that website (i think its bill something) but on close inspection he gets into some fairly serious upgrades

 

anyone know what you could expect out of a 1mz with a bit of work? (budget after fitting of about 1-1.5k)

 

will there be a youtube vid of the ae86 once its all done?

I'm hoping to get you to do an SC for my 1MZ some time in the distant future... I would love it if it was not the first 1MZ you supercharged.

Maybe some of the research done on the first few can save money and headaches on my install :)

  • Author
ok well that all explains it. i was just reading that website (i think its bill something) but on close inspection he gets into some fairly serious upgrades

 

anyone know what you could expect out of a 1mz with a bit of work? (budget after fitting of about 1-1.5k)

 

will there be a youtube vid of the ae86 once its all done?

 

 

Yeah, Billzilla is the MAN. There's nothing he can't do, or hasn't done already... just a wealth of knowledge when it comes to extreme engine building.

 

The fun of the 1MZ is that it's an FE engine... F being economy and E obviously being fuel injection...

 

Being an economy head setup, there's hugge gains to be had with a more sporty cam profile.

 

I'd suggest a bit of fiddling would readily net around the 250hp with little more than a cam grind and a decent exhaust... And that's not getting serious with large injectors or forced induction...

 

I couldn't see much reason we couldn't get 250hp and give change from a grand.

 

 

If you want an extreme example of what the engine can do, take a look at our own WTF Auto... I think last dyno run was netting into the 600hp in a streetable MR2. Tristan has built a very unique twin turbo setup with one itsy bitsy turbo and one head kicking one. The tiny turbo makes decent boost just off idle and directly spools the large turbo which comes on noise at something like 4000rpm... I'd imagine it would feel something like a V8 engine with a reasonably sized turbo...

 

 

 

As for the supercharging... Ken, I got some bad news... I don't mind supercharging the 1MZ, but the car you're talking about would be breaking my golden rule.

Plus, having recently removed an engine, I don't wanna touch one in FWD format... it's just going to be painful...

 

 

Anyways, I'm back into the shed to hopefully finish tuning this 3TGTE T18... she's DEFINATELY going to be out on this cruise next weekend.

  • 3 weeks later...

I'm assuming the KE 1MZ conversion will use a w series box?

 

Toying with the idea of a 1MZ ST141...

  • Author

going to be making them for W58, and no mounts, and sorry, don't have time on my hands to fabricate any atm. busy month ahead.

best of luck with your buisness, I look forward to see what you come up with, post pics on here ok?

  • 1 year later...

any news on this business any big jobs completed?

 

interested to see progress

  • 5 weeks later...

I might be wrong, but didnt they do a small run of TRD supercharger kits for the 1MZ? I'm pretty sure i read it somewhere. Loving the sounds of your business man, me and my mate always dreamed of having our own similar workshop. Best of luck.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.