Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke18 Panelvan Project

Featured Replies

  • Author

Well a little more progress happened on the panelvan today. My brother had today off work, so he decided to:

 

* Replace the drivers door with a fairly rust free one

 

* Paint the inside of the tailgate matt black so that it matched the side paneling of the same colour (was white before and looked a little odd) ;)

 

* Change gearknob over

 

So nearly every day there is something happening on this beast, so please keep checking back for progress pics and stuff. :) :(

The next thing to do is sand the primer coat with a fine wet 'n' dry ready for painting :no2:

  • Replies 46
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ummm wow, nice to see one even in tassie. know of any ke26 pannos? :)

  • Author

No more rusty white drivers door :( The whole car is in primer now awaiting a new paintjob. :)

post-721-1260309452_thumb.jpgpost-721-1260309490_thumb.jpg

post-721-1260309518_thumb.jpg

ummm wow, nice to see one even in tassie. know of any ke26 pannos? :(

 

Don't think its a panno but there's a KE26 that gets around Launy sometimes. Think its from the NW coast.

 

Looking good Mark. :) Was having a chat to your bro the other day at the Cas about SIV rego and stuff.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Well guys I think it's time for another update on the panelvan. :y:

It hasn't been painted yet, but I took out the 5k and 5-speed this arvo, and will be replacing it with a 3k 4-speed. :lolcry: This is the main reason why I bought her, just for the motor and box. :jamie:

So while the motor's out I'm going to paint the engine bay. Anyway I'll keep you all posted and I've decided to repaint it white again, which hopefully shouldn't be to far away from going into the spray painters. :P Here's some pics of the 5k and box just after I got it out.

post-721-1263023498_thumb.jpg

post-721-1263023534_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Will be painting the engine bay in gloss black, then will drop in the 3k and 4-speed. :jamie:

Well guys I think it's time for another update on the panelvan. :y:

It hasn't been painted yet, but I took out the 5k and 5-speed this arvo, and will be replacing it with a 3k 4-speed. :lolcry: This is the main reason why I bought her, just for the motor and box. :jamie:

So while the motor's out I'm going to paint the engine bay. Anyway I'll keep you all posted and I've decided to repaint it white again, which hopefully shouldn't be to far away from going into the spray painters. :P Here's some pics of the 5k and box just after I got it out.

post-721-1263023498_thumb.jpg

post-721-1263023534_thumb.jpg

 

You said the main reason for buying the van was for the 5k n 5spd. Then why are you putting in a 3k n 4spd? Are you doing the 5k up and the 3k is just a sub, until the 5k is ready?

-Lachie

Edited by lachiereeves

  • Author

Well the panelvan is registered and I've been driving it around. So the plan is to put in a 3k and 4-speed and give it a fresh respray and then sell it off. :jamie:

Thats if I don't like it to much when it's all done, and decide to hang on to it. :y:

......and you're keeping the 5k and 5 speed for your KE55?

I think thats what he was asking. :jamie:

 

Drove past pedders a couple of times and seen this out the front so good to see you're driving it. :y:

Edited by Taz_Rx

I got first dibs on this if you decide to sell it on :jamie:

  • Author

Nah just keeping the 5k and 5-speed as a spare if anything should happen to my other 5k motors. Touchwood. :y:

My brother painted the engine bay today, so the 3k and 4-speed won't be to far away from being dropped in. :jamie:

post-721-1263194494_thumb.jpg

post-721-1263194531_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.