Twin Throttle Bodies

demuire

i would think you would want to run a MAP sensor. otherwise how is the ECU to know what sort of load the engine is running at?

To tell you the truth Doug, I have no idea :thumbsup: I'm just going by what I've read on other forums (so it must be true, hahahahaha...), and by talking to my fabricator... I don't really know how the ECU's work, or what inputs they usually need.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, that sounds rather spiffy :P I would assume they would go on a K engine too, be good for converting a carby engine to EFI or something... 4AGE's have the fuel rail and injectors and all that on the head itself, so the only thing that's on the manifold is the throttle bodies and TPS.

The 2nd gen SVT ones are pretty good too. AFAIK, exactly the same as blacktop ones, except slightly smaller throats. Does anyone know what the actual sizes of the throats are (for both SVT and BKT)?

I'm sure I've read somewhere in the past that the 4A-GE 20v has 40mm throttle bodies. I'm pretty confident this is correct.

HOLY COW. What a difference in surface area of the throttle bodies.

16v - 1 x 60mm = 2827.8 mm2

SVT - 4 x 43mm = 5809.558 mm2

BKT - 4 x 45mm = 6362.55 mm2

No wonder the 20v's breathe so much better, they've got SO MUCH MORE throttle to breathe with! Even 2 x 16v throttle bodies won't match up to the SVT's...

Edited by demuire

Well that is of course the main reason I want one. The quad throttles are just a huge bonus. I'd just have to get a plenum chamber made up and I'd be set. Oh, only if I had the money. I start at Coles tomorrow, so maybe next year.