Twin Throttle Bodies

demuire

the difference between the face lift s/t and pre face lift is easy to see in that article.

they mention it, look at the face that meets the head.

b/t are different again. bigger. can't remember the exact size but i have it somewhere.

that price before included freight and my take! i have to make SOME $$$ :thumbsup:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie: 4AGE has injectors in the head, not on the manifold.

Doug: Apart from being harder to fit a 20v in (mostly due to the dizzy, and also due to the water piping), the torque curves on the 20v are also a fair bit different, as far as I've heard. The 20v's are a bit like the Honda VTECs, they make good power, but they make it all in a fairly narrow powerband. I've been told that the 16v is a far more flexible engine.

That said, it's all stuff I've heard, nothing I know as a fact.

Anyways, to drop the 20v in, you'd have to convert to either DLI or do a dodgy and move the dizzy up front (like Acoustic had on his 20v for a little while). Or mount the engine further forward so that the dizzy clears.

And after all of that work, you'll have a stock 20v.

Aftermarket computer on the engine would give a hell of a lot more options, not only would you be able to get your engine running *perfectly* for it's current setup (quads or no quads), but you can run bigger cams etc etc etc, things you can't do with the standard computer.

Putting big cams in a 20v is hard, because of the VVTi. Putting adjustable cam gears is also hard, again because of the VVTi. The 20v engine is a better engine in some ways to the 16v, but it makes it harder to make it go any faster...

Actually, when you think about it... Throttle bodies aren't very complex are they? It's a block of alloy, with a hole in it, and something to open or close the hole (butterfly, or slide etc). Hmm. There must be more to it, I must be missing something...

If you got an aftermarket computer you'd do away with the MAP sensor anyway. Just run off the O2 and CAS. The MAP sensor is the main reason why it's hard to put quads on a 4AGE, there is no good place to get manifold vacuum...

Edited by demuire