Bamboo

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks Clean as. How does it go in they way of Rust or Dents??

Josh :locked:

Badly. I had to buy a mig welder to repair the sills and LH rear wheel arch. Replaced both front guards. I chopped up the original guards for sheet metal.

I don't think it's done that many k's. the original keys came with the car and they're not worn, all the rubbers are A1 and the door locks aren't worn. My guess is 107,000. then again possible 207 or 307 etc.

post-9793-1261028213_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1261028250_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1261028287_thumb.jpg

Did you put that mesh in your grill? did the previous owners? or is it stock? :locked: seen this a few times, i wonder is it some rare/ import model grill, or just everyone puts mesh there when one of the teeth things fall out.. since thats what I'm doing, and seems logical

very nice looking ke35, shame about the rust though. good luck with it

Mesh? I don't think i understand the question.

The grill itself looks A1 stock. I know in the 70's toyota used to play with the grills on different spec cars. I had an MX32 with a tooth type grill and the lower spec had mesh.

The KE35 I've got is an SE. perhaps the CS has a different grill?

Oh and a message for EWT. Love your coupe hubcaps

I'm in qld. Between cars on the net, and all corollas ive seen, i have probably seen that grill.. 3 times or so. Only just now occured to me. Never looked at a wreckers for a grill though, have way too many at home. And here i was going to custom make version of these stock items :) well i still might since it probably quicker then sourcing one.

• 2 weeks later...

Got all motivated today. The one thing that was letting the interior down in phooey was the drivers seat base. It was doing the KE vinyl "split". And the foam had pretty much left the party. Found a KE55 seat with the same colour vinyl but slightly different stitching and nice foam. I ended up undoing the staples and stripping them both down so I could use the steel frame from the KE35 seat 'cause it had the mount for the seat belt clip incorporated into it. Shit job, but turned out ok in the end.

post-9793-1262167257_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1262167300_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1262167352_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1262167394_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1262167452_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bamboo