Ke55 4k Turbo

hy-rolla

is there a better gearbox 4 or 5 speed to put in a ke55 that wont break i have a 4k with a straight gas turbo setup on i have found that the old gearbox's don't like the extra torque so far one 5speed and one 4speed to the shit pile have thought about going back to an auto since they are based on a holden trimatic my 4k revs to 9700rpm's and only 8psi atm

Members dont see this ad
is there a better gearbox 4 or 5 speed to put in a ke55 that wont break i have a 4k with a straight gas turbo setup on i have found that the old gearbox's don't like the extra torque so far one 5speed and one 4speed to the shit pile have thought about going back to an auto since they are based on a holden trimatic my 4k revs to 9700rpm's and only 8psi atm

9700? bullshit?

how fast in 1st? and 2nd?

go manualised auto with a stall converter to suit

Edited by Evan G

9700? bullshit?

how fast in 1st? and 2nd?

2nd'ed... Unless you've got some craaaaaaaaaaazy work done on your motor I call BS. If you've got same ratio diff as me, I'd say 75 in first gear

and 95 in second. That would tear the absolute ASS out of a K40/K50 gearbox. You want to get a K(engine)-T(gearbox) bellhousing and convert your

car to a T series gearbox. You can get the bellhousings shipped in from overseas for probably around $150-$300. Then get a T-50 gearbox for $100-$250.

my first 4k turbo with 4 speed could get well off the clock in 4th, always wondering what sorta revs it was pulling, the thing with turbos if you keep chucking more fuel at them they keep reving, do you guys have a chart? (the speedo was way off the clock, also had a 3.9 diff with 185-65-14's so it was going even faster than the clock said)

K-T bellhousing with a t50 would be the go but probally expensive, you can normally get the van bellhousings cheap as (here in nz anyway) and run a w box but they are way overkill but could work out cheaper

i ended up with a t40 and never blew that with my 5k turbo

Jeez there's a few shinanigans going on in here!!! :locked:

I hate being a doubter but I think you need some proof to back up your claims of RPM and speed.

I've got a 5kte ke55 which has some very long legs due to my gearing (will do over 200kmh in 5th) and I'd be really pushing it to see 90kmh in second....80 maybe. I also currently have my rev limiter set at 7200rpm.

Now back to the topic at hand being gearboxes - Everything you need to know is right here......

http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?tit...eries/Gearboxes