Project Ke70! New Painted Pics On Last Page! :d

Dann_m

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks mate. I'm not so fussed on a cam just yet. Main things I'm wanting to do is suspension and exhaust. Also starting some pannel work on it this saturday. Cutting out the rust and patching it back up. So it shud be painted and rust free by next weekend hopefully. Just so busy atm with work. Btw guys this is my first car haha. I get my ps next month. Had my Ls suspended for 3 months awhile ago. Haha :lol: as for the window frames it wouldnt be a bad idea. Mine are a bit rusted. If i paint it black i mite. But yenh thinking about keepin it silver lol

Edited by Dann_m

Have another look my man, water temp, volts and oil pressure :lol:

Id keep the car silver and maybe give it some black highlights

haha i didnt even realise he said that lol, yes there water temp oil pressure and volts. Cuz the temp gauge on the dash board don't work do i got that. And a bit carried away lol. Yeh smoked out wouldnt look bad either. :P

Hey guys hope use had a good xmas,

Did a clean up on the engine today, used about 6 cans of degreaser and its still got heaps of grease lol. but it looks way cleaner now, flushed out the radiator and filled it with new coolannt. did abit of a tune on it and it runs great now.

on another note, went to the paint shop today and bought 2L of the silver i've decided to paint. primer and clear top coat. also sand paper etc, so i should get stuck into it on this weekend coming once i pick up the new bonnet and boot lid, (thats if I'm not too hung over from new years haha) Picked up a set of wantabes 14x6.5 will have pics of them soon as i pick them up, also going to pickup the extractors for it tomoro and i'll have the exhaust done sometime this coming week.

-Dan

- Hey,

Quick update, Picked up a set of extractors today thanks to Tom, gave them a quick sand down and respray with heat proof black paint, also picked up a new bonnet as the old one was rusted to the shit house, picking up a new bootlid tomoro with no rust. painted the centre window frames black on the rear windows it came out pretty good.

Getting exhaust made up and installed with new extractors this week coming,

Pics!,

post-7847-1261905894_thumb.jpg

Extractors when i picked them up.

post-7847-1261905994_thumb.jpg

After being sanded back and painted still needs one more coat.

post-7847-1261906071_thumb.jpg

new bonnet being painted tomoro hopefully.

post-7847-1261906351_thumb.jpg

The painted window frame.

post-7847-1261906215_thumb.jpg

The pig as she sits. lol can't wait to get it lowerd.

picking up the wanabes tonight hopefully! need to get some tyres then she should look overrated! :thumbsup:

- hey guys new update did a fair bit of work today on it, Picked up the new boot for it sanded it back and painted it in primer for the time being, starting to cut rust out nd bog it back up. picked up my self a boss kit for my new wheel, threw that on. also picked up a set of cut springs (saves me cutting them) from justin today, i'll be throwing those in tomoro hopefully after it passes rwc so it should be laying low soon, sick of this 4wd height.

I'll let the pics do the talking.

post-7847-1261997798_thumb.jpg

Boot lid half way through sanding back.

post-7847-1261997899_thumb.jpg

finished in primer.

post-7847-1261998041_thumb.jpg

Cutting rust.

post-7847-1261998125_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1261998264_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1261998402_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1261998545_thumb.jpg

boot lid on.

should be ready to paint soon :dance:

i just picked up a set of extractors exact same as ures above mate douno how they go yet though

Oh nice let me know how they go champ,

on the other note i did some more work to it today just sanding it back bog n primer on the pannels, chucked in the lowerd springs in the rear I'm thinking they are waayyy to low my 14's probably wont even fit! haha. all good tho I'm just going to cut my other ones :y:

Pic's!;

post-7847-1262074776_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1262074842_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1262077093_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1262077175_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1262077260_thumb.jpg

LAYIN LOW :y:

post-7847-1262077359_thumb.jpg

What do you guys think, in my opinion its gangsta low but mite be too low haha :dance:

haha! Yeah it is gangsta, but its no good if you want to drive it around!

Don't forget to fit the Corona LCAs and then get a wheel alignment after you've decided on a ride height, that is what really makes it handle!

Haha yeah I'm just not sure yet i like how low it sits but maybe 5cm higher should sit nicely, but I'm thinking when i lower the front it will even out and I'm predicting about a 5cm increase in height in the rear once the front is lowerd. I'm pretty sure my 14's should clear it anyway. i've still got the stock old springs here if i have to put them back in or cut them to make it sit higher! :dance:

Cheers. (big thanks to justin for helping me set this boss kit up right god they can be bugger of a thin sometimes!)