Project Ke70! New Painted Pics On Last Page! :d

Dann_m

Hey fellas, i just got this ke70 of my uncle it was his daily. but sat at his place for about 9months. i asked him if u could buy it and he gave it to me for free. went to pick it up poured some new fuel and kicked over straight away and it runs overrated no engine problems or gearbox :P

i know it's not the best rolla out there but i got it for free with 6 months rego. and shes full of potential. :yes:

it's a standard 4k 5speed series 82 model ke70, mods so far;

interior, new seat covers, new geer stick knob GReedy, currently installing a cd player and 3 tacos. oil pressure, water temp, and volts meter. water temp is the most important atm cuz my temprature gauge isnt working on the new dash.

it has had a taco dash installed on it, also has new brake booster and master cylinder. just picked up some sick RollaClub stickers today added an extra 40hp id like to think :)

it still needs a fair bit of work, but plans for the future so far are,

extractors & exhaust, sit on lower springs, sway bars, a set of wantabies I'm picking up next week, new steering wheel, webber carby with better air intake, unsure what diff to put in it atm, going to sand it back remove most of the bad rust, primer then Paint with Satin Black. should look pretty overrated. there most of the main upgrades i'll be doing. alot of small things aswell.

Let me know what you guys think, i know it's a bit of a heap atm but its got potential.

post-7847-1261389291_thumb.jpg

post-7847-1261389446_thumb.jpg

New gauges i bought :)

post-7847-1261389614_thumb.jpg

The interior as i pull the old stezza out, and starting to wire up the new one.

post-7847-1261389733_thumb.jpg

Let me know what use think :lol:

Edited by Dann_m

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just start by cutting? Just do a little bit. I know i have seen the king low springs on ebay.

Don't do this, it's stupid, illegal and unsafe, stick with your original plan of getting proper springs.....

Just go and have a quick chat with a few local suspension shops, get a couple of quotes and go from there.....

Awesome looking little sev, enjoy it.....

Paint with Satin Black.

Instant cop magnet- I'll bet it'll be siezed before next Christmas!

There are a dozen different cam grinds you can get done, depending on what compression ratio/porting and carbs you are going to use. About $200 for a grind and followers surfaced.

So decide what you're going to do with the car, (race/rally/drags/drift/street wanking) then where you want the power, & then what carbs will do that for you. With that in your pocket you can chat to Crow or Waggott or Tighe or Wade or....

oh yeah. Well bassically i want it to run decently. And be able to kick out here and there. So yeah drift/skid pig. What would be the best carby for that? And also what size pipe would use reccomend with the extractors. I just want something that wont minimize power. (to big lol). Why would that paint get the car seized? :L

Keep it silver mate, silver looks nice for this model. Welcome to the club too!

Cheers man, i was having seccond thoughts about doing it black aswell, that is a bit of a cop magnet. and yeah silver does look pretty overrated, might have to go exchange the paint. :lol: thanks

Well, I reckon nothing calls to a Cop faster than any car lowered too far, painted black, noisy exhaust and P plates....

I never see them stopping nicely-presented cars even if they're modded so long as their not extreme.

They grab the guys in Altezzaclub that are too low or too noisy in Lexus IS200s, but don't hassle the couple of guys who have put V8s/Supra 2Js into smart-looking cars.... However keeping your licence with 300RWKW is still difficult! :lol:

I'm half-way through doing the same as you with my KE70, except I found a pair of SUs. Latest problem is to move the brake booster inlet that someone drilled into the Lynx manifold is such a place that you can't undo a manifold bolt! But of course its a fine thread (probably some ancient British plumber's pitch) that I don't have a tap for.

Then I'll clean up the extractors and wrap them with fibreglass heat tape.

See if you can find out the Holden valve springs we will both need for a cut cam. The guy at Waggott couldn't remember exactly which Holden motor they came off, but the moment you have cam lift over 0.4" the stock springs coilbind.