4 Speed And 5 Speed Shifters!

DearmanKE

Ok well long story short ive just put a 4 speed into my ke70 corolla as i smashed second in my 5 speed, the 4 speed i had spare didnt have a shifter so i tried putting the 5 speed shifter on it, well it bolts up, but it wont shift into different gears, maybe coz of the angle the shifter is bent at or the length of the part under neath

anyway can someone please confirm for me whether you can use a 5 speed shifter on a 4 speed or are they different?

Chheeerss

-Alex

Members dont see this ad

I sold someone a KE55 K50 extension housing to mod a KE70 K50 and didn't have the shifter for it. We tried a KE70 K50 shifter, and both KE55 and '70 K40 shifters and none would fit properly. This may be the thread you're thinking about matress.

Find a K40 shifter should be too hard. Its finding the K50 thats a problem. :thumbsup:

here are heaps of differences in K box shifters. A KE1X and 2X box shifter is completely different to a KE3X/55/70 gear box.

In the KE70 range there are 3 types of shifter alone. KE70 K50 use what I tem a small and large shifter. Large one is the same as a T50 shifter so a T50 one can be used (off a JDM t50 box) The small one is the same size as a KE55/30 5 speed one. Then the 3rd is the 4 speed one.

As I make short shifters and when doing one for a KE70 box I have to make sure it is the small or large shifter first as there is a huge difference and they wont bolt together.

So if you get a K50 from a car make sure you get the shifter from the car if you can as not as simple as jsut using any shifter.

Reminds me I should add somethigntot eh FAQ about shifters as I do have about all the different ones in my collection.

cheers guys

well ig ot a 4 spd shifter from u pull it (farkin 33 bucks)

and it works,

i was driving n now 1st and 3rd are very hesitant to stay in gear or even go into gear just grinds n shit, i

prob low on oil tho only put about 1.3 litres in, gotta tax some more fromw ork lol