Greenmacs Other Ke!!

greenmac80

electric ragtop.

rack and pinion.. (reseearching power steering.. i can go with the 4e pump etc. but i've been reading about electric power steer columns may go this way as its more efficient.)

Full rag top(convertible)? Bucket load of work but if done right can look really good.

With P/Steer I'd look into a Holden barina setup. A guy who works with Pozman has this setup in his XY. It apparently works really well and is well hidden under the dash. I'm not sure what year/model it's from next time I see him I'll ask.

Stu.

Members dont see this ad

yes i've seen the barina ones its the 2000ish model that have em. thats the electric setups that i've been looking at.

and by ragtop i mean the ones like a sunroof but vinyl. and it folds up as it goes back.. it essentially takes up the whole roof..

this i'll probably get done by a pro the kits themselves are about $500 plus post.

nissan man. i aint heaps. the basis is already there i'm just cleaning it up neatening and refining.

the biggest project will be the rack and pinion/power steer.

money is the biggest issue but i'm looking at getting a new job soon which pays alot more. this factor will decide how long it takes.

they are light enough.. i used the thinnest gauge i could get. but its the best thing i could come up with..

i could use ali angle.. but i can't tig weld and have no access to one so either wood or steel..

weight isn't an issue either the whole setup is going to end up lighter than before...

one less sub a smaller box. no spare wheel well and no spare tyre.

Edited by greenmac80

they are light enough.. i used the thinnest gauge i could get. but its the best thing i could come up with..

i could use ali angle.. but i can't tig weld and have no access to one so either wood or steel..

weight isn't an issue either the whole setup is going to end up lighter than before...

one less sub a smaller box. no spare wheel well and no spare tyre.

fair play, i have no doubt you had thought it out well before hand.

staying within your means has got to help keep costs down.

i admire your work !!

cheers, scott

also got a Ke70 rack.

Did measurements today and rack pivot length came to 620mm and the KE30 lca pivot length is 560mm way to short. So I thought about moving my pivot point out. Nah will stuff around with geometry. So I researched how to shorten a rack. And that's the way I'll be going. Will take the rack to an engineering shop tomorrow and get a quote.

got two quotes today 150 bucks that's with me shortening the outer casing and them just machining the rack itself down 70 mm and putting the new thread on it. Either way I'll be booking it in tomorrow should have it by end of next week cheering. Also got a good quote on a barina steering column and it came to 195 so all up with new rack end etc etc its costing less than 500 bucks

ok so in preparation i stripped the rack down..

for those of you that haven't seen te guts of em this is it..

f all

22092011001.jpg

the shaft will be getting shortened proeprly..

i'm doing the outer casing myself..

70mm is getting taken out..

so pipe cutter came out and i got this far.. will get a v block soon and bevell the edges to weld.

left over

22092011002.jpg

pipe taken out.

22092011003.jpg