July 9, 200521 yr comment_56593 as title i need to know where i can get some engine mounts for a 4age to go in a ke30 corolla Report
July 9, 200521 yr comment_56597 you buy a welder and some pieces of metal and some 2L ford rubbers and get to work guys from toyotastarletracing yahoo group sell kits to put them into kp61 starlets, but that's it Report
July 9, 200521 yr comment_56616 I used the standard engine mounts. Cut them off the stock location, move them further apart and reweld them back. I'm using AE86 rubber bits. Report
July 9, 200521 yr comment_56647 I'm using 4A-C engine mounts out of an AE86 sprinter. They bolt up to the standard engine crossmember :n: If you can find some, good luck. Report
July 10, 200521 yr comment_56679 Yours bolt up? Interesting. Mine bolted up, if I didn't use any rubber bits (as in, metal engine mounts to engine crossmember mounts). With the rubber bits it didn't it anymore, which is why I moved the mounts out further. Report
July 10, 200521 yr comment_56759 I'll get some pics as soon as i can borrow a digi cam and show ya. Thats why i was wondering why everyone was using AE71/AE86 crossmembers cos i'm still using the standard one. Report
July 10, 200521 yr comment_56880 That'll be cool. Mine is a standard crossmember, just with the stock mounts moved further apart. I thought of using the AE71 engine crossmember too, but it was too much work to get to fit. Much easier to just modify the stock one. Report
July 22, 200521 yr comment_59829 I got pics of my engine mounts, but i can't upload them cos i havent made enough posts yet... Damn that sucks! Report
July 22, 200521 yr comment_59869 Ah righty-o, so you've cut and welded the engine-side of the mounts then. Report
July 22, 200521 yr comment_59888 Well, i didnt, someone else did. Makes it far easier to sit the engine in the engine bay without modding the cross-member. Report
July 22, 200521 yr comment_59903 yeah but that's not bolt in. how about we try NOT to mislead people, there's already enough bullshit on the net about cars as it is Edited July 22, 200521 yr by Super Jamie Report
July 22, 200521 yr comment_59918 I'm using 4A-C engine mounts out of an AE86 sprinter. They bolt up to the standard engine crossmember 15-smile.gif If you can find some, good luck. So this really should read "I'm using *modified* 4A-C engine mounts out of an AE86 sprinter"... And it's much of a muchness really. Modify engine side of the mounts or modify the crossmember mounts. Both require cutting, both require welding, neither is really easier than the other I don't think... Edited July 22, 200521 yr by demuire Report
July 22, 200521 yr comment_59946 I didnt know they WERE modified. You guys just confirmed it. As far as I was told, they were 4A mounts. Sorry for misleading anyone, it wasnt intentional. Report
July 22, 200521 yr comment_59952 For future reference, the stock 4AC/4AGE mounts don't have any visible welds in them. One (drivers side) is a bit like a stalk and I believe is cast: The other side (with the oil filter) is a folded sheet of steel: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now