Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Engine Mounts For A 4age Into A Ke30 Corolla?

Featured Replies

Here is the T3 mounts up close just rough fitted with old 4A block. The mounts are AE71 rubbers. I need to deal with the lip on the crossmember the K series mounts sit on.

 

Tim

post-7688-1270976181.jpg

post-7688-1270976192.jpg

  • Replies 42
  • Views 66.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get it, I wonder why mine sat so high, got a sump on it yet?

i hope these work out i'd rather buy these than use the ones i fabbed. the ones i make are a thicker steel but these look a lot nicer and more professional.

 

sam they look extremely close to mine so at a guess they'd probablt be fine for height.

  • 4 months later...
got a sump on it yet?

 

 

I too would like to see the engine with the sump bolted on. How much clearance is there between the sump and the crossmember?

 

all the best

I am putting dibs on the fact that the sump will sit above the crossmember line

I would like to know how much room there is, as I am planning on puting a 7A engine in my KE35 and they have the extended sump thing on the bottom of the block then the little sump bit?

 

If it has enough room I would buy these as I am too lazy to make mine.

 

Hey Sam_Q have you gotten any further with your KE3* to 4AGE mounts but then if T3 has them (I'm just lazy and just want a quick fix)

 

thanks

after that clearence issue I lost interest. I also wonder about the demand, I say wait for the pics of this sump install and then make your choice from there. A 7A into a KE35 would be a great combo. The way things are going I will need to mass produce 7A RWD cooling kits instead of just two!

Edited by Sam_Q

KE30 to 55 mounts might be the same but from what I saw the KE70 ones are slightly further apart, I don't know why.

oh yes you can trust me on that one seeing I pulled the K engine out myself and I modify these crossmembers on a regular basis. Keep in mind the difference was only about 3mm per side, your rubbers would of taken that up easily

  • 3 months later...

I don't want to reuse my original rubbers, I want to make sure I have the correct parallel 0 degrees of offset, from your picture it looks like the rubbers don't meet the crossmember flush its off a couple degrees or its just the way the picture looks.

 

I bought some casting compound from McMaster Carr that is a 60A hardness which is close to the consistency of car tire rubber. I want a thinner rubber mount so I get better torque response.

 

I'll post pics in my build thread and link to it from here when the compound arrives and I'm able to mock up the engine.

 

I still need to pull the alternator and modify the mount, its not bolt in ready for the blacktop. There are 2 indexing pins I'll need to drill the mount to allow the pins to recess into the mount. I'll post pics of this also. Its hard to get the point across in words. I'll link all of it up on my build page.

 

Thanks again for all your feedback guys I appreciate it,

 

Mike

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.