Early Rolla Cruise January 31st 2010 - Adelaide

ratiara

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From wikipedia: "Monocoque is a construction technique that supports structural load by using an object's exterior, as opposed to using an internal frame or truss"

So technically any body rust IS structural :wink:

Sorry, forgot that we were on a Corolla forum, I'm on a few....most of my stuff I've played with has had a ladder frame and my barnfind DeSoto was frequently looked over by police and even though one side sill panel was disappearing below the rear door, I got thumbs up from the folk in blue.

Back on topic....there was a great group of cars on this cruise, some less perfect than others, but great to see enthusiasts proud of their cars out and about.

rol4d.jpg

rol15.jpg

sickest pics, looks like it was a good cruise. Wish I still had a 20

And jeez Rolla_10 and Rolla68 ease up on nickyboy, as Darren and Brenton said Nick never claimed his KE20 was overrated let alone a showcar. he only commented on the orange paint standing out from all the white cars.

Its a cool little rig with loads of character and I'm pretty sure Nick loves driving it around daily. Not everyone can afford to 'full restore' a car. It's not even bad

Seriously, it was a good thing to get some of the cool old Corollas out together, don't turn it into something bad.

Thanks, Ben.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm sick of people claiming to have good cars when they are just rust buckets that look ok in pics but ordinary in real life, cause his didnt stand out on the cruise. Unless standing out means in need of a major resto...... btw my brother owned that ke20 and it was ordinary then (about 4 years ago) it doesnt look any better now..... do the windows still leak? and hows the gearbox?

wow... i don't understand what i did to warrant this attack... never clamined it to be overrated, just claimed it to stand out because of its colour.

none of the windows leak.

gearbox if fine...

yep, its true that i don't have the time or the money to fix up the body as much as i would love to. some of us use our cars to get to work each day and can't have it off the road.

i don't know who you are nor which car was yours on the cruise, even if i did i wouldnt be picking at it. get over yourself dude. i love my corolla for what it is! as i have with everyone i have owned, its people like you who break apart the community.

Edited by nickyboy

for someone who looks to be part of the rolla scene probably longer then me just seems pathetic on his behalf. to try and knock me down. didnt come up and have a word with me on the cruise, just attacks me over the net.

doesnt overly worry me luke, yes my new rolla is 4,000,000 time better. apologies to rolla68 if my new car is not up to his immaculate standards.

for someone who looks to be part of the rolla scene probably longer then me just seems pathetic on his behalf. to try and knock me down. didnt come up and have a word with me on the cruise, just attacks me over the net.

doesnt overly worry me luke, yes my new rolla is 4,000,000 time better. apologies to rolla68 if my new car is not up to his immaculate standards.

You can also have black sheep, your young enough to still have that nursery rhyme sung to you!

And also being young and naive you might want to learn to take criticism, even if you think

It to be unwarranted. And maybe prove the person wrong one day. But until that day,

" 2 teaspoons of cement and toughen the f@$k up!! "

I honestly don't understand what the issue is, I mean we are all Corolla enthusiasts !jamie.gif

mm i thought this to.

You can also have black sheep, your young enough to still have that nursery rhyme sung to you!

And also being young and naive you might want to learn to take criticism, even if you think

It to be unwarranted. And maybe prove the person wrong one day. But until that day,

" 2 teaspoons of cement and toughen the f@$k up!! "

i'm 21, not 5. i can take criticism, but you singled me out... only my car you had an issue with.

your no longer worth my time dude... apologies again on my lack of time and money to repair my car. in future i'll try to work less and earn more.

Edited by nickyboy