Muv12A - 1972 Ke25 12Abp - Small Update 10.7.11

muv-12a

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice :hmm: Thanks heaps!

How is the motor mounted to those two mounts there?

The 12A I'm getting has a dodgy setup so I need to see how it all bolts up as to what I will need to modify on the RX-7 bracket/mount that bolts to the front of the 12A.

Cheers

Mick

Hi mate, love your work. On the front brake upgrade, can you tell me firstly what master cylinder setup you are running & secondly the PCD of your front hubs. 110mm or 114.4? thanks and keep up the good work. :hmm:

Nice :blinks: Thanks heaps!

How is the motor mounted to those two mounts there?

The 12A I'm getting has a dodgy setup so I need to see how it all bolts up as to what I will need to modify on the RX-7 bracket/mount that bolts to the front of the 12A.

Cheers

Mick

I found a couple more pics that should answer your questions in regards to mounting - see below;

You can also see that I had no notch away at the cross member to make way for the bottom radiator hose.

At some stage I would like to get a nice laser cut version of my crossmember but this one has served me well for over 10 years!!

IMGP0122.jpg

IMGP0121.jpg

Hi mate, love your work. On the front brake upgrade, can you tell me firstly what master cylinder setup you are running & secondly the PCD of your front hubs. 110mm or 114.4? thanks and keep up the good work. :blinks:

Thanks mate.

I'm using a Ford KB Laser Master Cylinder with a VH40 Remote Booster for the front.

PCD all round is 4 x 110mm - i kept it that way because I already had my Simmons!!

Cheers!

Thanks mate.

I'm using a Ford KB Laser Master Cylinder with a VH40 Remote Booster for the front.

PCD all round is 4 x 110mm - i kept it that way because I already had my Simmons!!

Cheers!

thanks mate. On the front was there much you had to do to bolt the discs to the hub or was it a straight bolt up. Like bolt holes line up etc. Thanks again Paul

thanks mate. On the front was there much you had to do to bolt the discs to the hub or was it a straight bolt up. Like bolt holes line up etc. Thanks again Paul

Had to re-drill the rotors to suit 4 x 110pcd and fab a bracket to mount the caliper.

Hoppers Stoppers do great kits at a pretty reasonable price.

Had to re-drill the rotors to suit 4 x 110pcd and fab a bracket to mount the caliper.

Hoppers Stoppers do great kits at a pretty reasonable price.

Thanks heeps man. I have been looking for an upgrade for ages but all the others meant running biger than 13" wheels. I have got an excelent supply of 13" race tyres so I wanted to stick with them, Cheers Paul :P

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Small update, Bought myself a roll cage last week from a Toyota forum member in Melb.

It was actually for a KE20 but it fit like a glove!!

Was good to get the tools out and work on the car again.

Will get a nice drivers bucket seat and harness next, then I'll start planning for fuel injection.

2d5c046a.jpg

3c29d76e.jpg

0fa29e37.jpg

3d24727f.jpg

8983b7d5.jpg

f66870a7.jpg

0d809bf1.jpg

42a3280d.jpg

only just checked your car out and I have to say I'm loving it =]

I am torn between sooo many engines for a conversion now... I keep tossing up between rotary, 4agze, sr20det, I look at al the pros and cons of each engine, I just can't make up my mind. However I have always been a rotary fan over all other engines, so maybe this is the one I will ultimately go for... Who knows