My New Daily Ke30

project_KE55

Struts are the same in both 30 and 55. Just swap the 55 calipers (and brake lines) onto the 30 struts and discs. The 55 discs are only like 1mm thicker so there's not much point swapping discs. Just less work that way. :blush:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Struts are the same in both 30 and 55. Just swap the 55 calipers (and brake lines) onto the 30 struts and discs. The 55 discs are only like 1mm thicker so there's not much point swapping discs. Just less work that way. :thumbsup:

Cheers for the heads up Si, i also didn't know that the KE55 drums are bigger than the KE30 drums, but they are a fair bit bigger.

I cleaned out the corolla today, gave it a wash (really quick wash lol) I've got some Monza racing seats with the standard KE55/30 seat rails on them in the shed that i put together when i had my very 1st rolla about 3-4 years ago. They are the red and black style ones. I know that doesn't describe them very well lol.

I want to put them in but i don't know if they'll make my car look "try hard-- ish"??

Give me your thoughts everyone

• 2 weeks later...

Car was playing up a fair bit for the last few days, finally looked under the bonnet and all it was, was 1 of the spark leads were only just plugged into the distributor lol.

I took it for its furthest drive yet, from Burnie, up to table cape lookout (Wynyard), back through Burnie, through to Penguin. Up Zig Zag road for a bit of a desired detour, Ulverstone, then back along the highway to Burnie! Quite impressed with it. I am going to upgrade to a bigger radiator, hopefully one that wont be too much hastle to fit. I think i'm going to be needing some new tyres soon if my adrenaline doesn't settle itself down :lolcry:

Going out the back now to give it a bit of TLC. Wash the body, clean all windows inside and out, tyre black, armour all the interior and give it a nice vacuum ;)

Cheers, Mark

You should be able to fit a commonwhore VN-VR'ish radiator like mine. The inlet/outlets are still in the same spot as a stock K aren't they?

Will the commonwhore radiator improve alot?

Yeah the T series inlet/outlet are still in the same position as the standard K.

I'm actually still using the standard K series radiator.

How hard is it and what is the rough cost of dropping the VN-VR radiator in?

I've got a hyandai Scoupe radiator but it looks too big to even go close to the standard rad mounts.

Also got a Kinswood radiator in the shed, good condition, maybe i could use that just like a commodore 1?

Thanks for the help Simon.

:lolcry: Actually it also depends on how the intercoller piping has been done as the weather it'll fit. Go have a look at mine and try and work out weather it would.

Mounting was pretty easy. Rad cost me $80 off a mate.

As for cooling ability, they can keep a 3.8l cool, so do you think it will struggle with a 1.6L? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
:bash: Actually it also depends on how the intercoller piping has been done as the weather it'll fit. Go have a look at mine and try and work out weather it would.

Mounting was pretty easy. Rad cost me $80 off a mate.

As for cooling ability, they can keep a 3.8l cool, so do you think it will struggle with a 1.6L? :bash:

G'day Simon, I don't think the 3.8L rad will fix.

My intercooler piping is probably about 200mm from the standard radiator on one side and about 150mm on the other. So however long the standard radiator is plus 350mm is all i have to play with.

I'm guessing the commodore radiator would be longer.

But yes as you said, it shouldnt have any problem cooling the 1.6L

I'm amazed that this thing hasnt fully broken down on me yet. Although cold mornings suck bumcrack without an automatic or manual choke and no butterflies in my webber anymore. So i just have to feather the accelerator to warm it up enough to drive. Quite loud for the neighbours at 7am in the morning :bash:

Have a look in the "4k trike" thread in technical builds, I've just been discussing it with him. He's taking the most expensive option (but also the best for performance) of using and MSD 6BTM (boost timing master). :jamie:

Have a look in the "4k trike" thread in technical builds, I've just been discussing it with him. He's taking the most expensive option (but also the best for performance) of using and MSD 6BTM (boost timing master). :hmm:

Thanks simon, i might have to stick with the locked dizzy for a while though. lol :yes:

Well after looking in the FAQ section at front suspension.brake upgrades, i have decided to go with the TA22 front brake setup, looks/sounds fairly straight forward. I can get the parts reasonably cheap from a local wrecker. Lowered springs and new shocks all round from autobarn ect.. So i'll be doing that in the next month or so i think.

Soon i'll be relocating batery to the boot, moving the air intake to the turbo pod filter to where the battery is usually situated. Then i'll be getting a different intercooler and a mandrel bent piping setup. ;)

I've also found a 2T/3T fuel injection setup on a Japanese yahoo aution webite. All up costs including postage are around $210 AUD which isnt too bad i don't think. Then the fun will begin. :hmm:

So plenty of things will be happening shortly!!

Cheers, Mark.

• 6 months later...