Kose's Ke70

kose

So i didn't get that F@#king strut top off cause i was busy doing my mates brakes last week, so hopefull tomoz i'll get them off then back to stock height...4x4 spec lol :D

during the week my mind has been ticking away about future engine conversions...i know 4age is what i stated i wanted to put in, but i was thinking something a bit more different...and stupid lol

i've been considering an rb20...anyone does this engine swap? if so, how much work am i gonna be up for...

Lots and lots.

EDIT: 100th post woo!

Edited by xmoht

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i was meant to a while ago before i took a hiatus and never did, but it should be off very soon and i'll let ya know...if you get it off let me know :D

well i FINALLY managed to get the strut top off after much difficulty due to the insert spinning :( :no: :hmm:

i then ran into another problem, when i went to put the stock springs in, i found i needed to compress them , and after many trials i gave in and went a spring compressor which made my life just that bit easier rofl :( ;) ;)

So now it is back to stock height :P

PICS ARE SOON TO COME

sorry i can't help with more photos at the moment mate but if you want to go the rb20 i will help out where i can. if you want my opinon i would go a ca18det i think this is one of the best all round combos for a turbo ke70. if you are after losts of power go an sr or rb but a good street track combo is the ca18 i put one in a 1200 ute for a mate and it was faster than my rb 70 and they are good on fuel.

lol i was meant to a while ago before i took a hiatus and never did, but it should be off very soon and i'll let ya know...if you get it off let me know :D

I just took my dashboard off finally lol, there are 4 nuts with washers on them they are a brass colour, 2 are above the glovebox (have to take the glove box out to get to it)

and the other 2 are behind the stock ke70 dash i had to take the dash out to get to them aswel.

the rb is very heavy i only want to go in a straight line so the ca will handle alot better...

ahhh i shall take that into VERY high consideration :happy: :yes:

ever so slowly leaning towards the ca now, doen some reading up on it too and it's looking ever so tempting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Rightio, after almost a year of hiding under a rock i'm back into it...thank god! :)

the car has moved home again, three hours away from where i live, but i now i have my own garage in which to work on it.

Within an hour of it being offloaded from the trailer i started working on it lol

stripping it down and so forth

so far i have removed:

-front panels

-doors

-boot

-seats

-plus whatever the hell else i could find to pull out

went over the entire car to find all of the rust spots, found quite a few unfortunately :(

some of which are quite extensive, so lots of work to fix all of them up...yayyyy lol

got the old man in on the car now so having that extra pair of hands is always helpful :)

after taking the car apart, we became quite suspicious of the rear divers side, thinking it had been in a bit of a bung.

i couldn't find anything wrong with the chasis rails (phew) but we went about taking some of the paint off to find nearly the entire section around the fuel cap was full of bog

joys for all

"WHY DON'T YOU JUST GET RID OF THIS F*#KING THING!?!?!" was the response i got from my father when we found this out

pfft, i wouldn't have a bar of that, and after many arguments and debates i got him to side with me, and that we'll try and get it back to as close to prestine condition as we can.

Much things have been fully decided:

Eninge- 4AGE, after my father trying to convince me to put a rotary in it haha

front suspension - Coilovers

Rear suspension - still undecided

colour - red

Interior - black

Wheels - something dishy with good offset

The timeline we have set to have the entire car finished by is the end of 2012 (i know, a long time but i have to save for an overseas trip at the end of the year)

Quite a long update and blab, but f*#k it feels good to be able to say that I'm back working on the rolla :D

Edited by kose