Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

In The Spirit Of Jips Holiday

Featured Replies

  • Replies 41
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Temp?

 

We celebrated when it hit double digits. Usually between -2 an 7 ish. Was told we just missed the blizzards. Didn't rain much either!

 

Stayed in some really cheap B&Bs with no fridge in the room. Beer from the shops also wasn't super cold. got an eco supermarket bag and hung it out the window. made a good beer fridge.

post-9793-1269303893_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1269303976_thumb.jpg

  • Author

more jap photos. check the japlish in the sign

post-9793-1269314612_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1269314669_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1269314747_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1269314806_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1269314872_thumb.jpg

Most Euros don't have a temp gauge anymore... Just a light which glows blue when the engine isn't up to normal operating temp, then turns off.

 

My Merc Vito doesn't even have that. Nothing at all.

 

The UK registration system is ludicrously complicated... Just like everything else over there. Their rego plates are like VIN numbers... You can decode everything about the car, when is was registered, where it is registered, how much it's taxed etc etc just from the plate.

 

PS. The British prefer their beer at room temp. They are sick, twisted and deranged.

Edited by 7shades

Most Euros don't have a temp gauge anymore... Just a light which glows blue when the engine isn't up to normal operating temp, then turns off.

 

My Merc Vito doesn't even have that. Nothing at all.

 

The UK registration system is ludicrously complicated... Just like everything else over there. Their rego plates are like VIN numbers... You can decode everything about the car, when is was registered, where it is registered, how much it's taxed etc etc just from the plate.

 

PS. The British prefer their beer at room temp. They are sick, twisted and deranged.

 

you have a vito? 639? had any problems yet?

 

noisy front struts

front sway bar links & d bushes

trans problems

leaking rear shockers

you have a vito? 639? had any problems yet?

 

noisy front struts

front sway bar links & d bushes

trans problems

leaking rear shockers

 

115CDi.

 

Front rotors warped

Swaybar links clicking and clacking

Auto has a mind of its own, as does the throttle and ASP

 

Shouda stuck with the Hiace... Like the last 4 times I've replaced the work van.

 

Not to mention the ergonomics are completely retarded, the seat is too hard and has no lateral support, and the flooring is wearing through.

 

All this and its only done 27k. Hasn't even had its first service yet. Oh but it did need 2L of oil about 5k ago.

 

Sigh... Two years left on the lease...

jesus! it sounds like you got one of the good ones :jamie:

 

 

but they do get up and go

  • Author
Most Euros don't have a temp gauge anymore... Just a light which glows blue when the engine isn't up to normal operating temp, then turns off.

 

My Merc Vito doesn't even have that. Nothing at all.

 

The UK registration system is ludicrously complicated... Just like everything else over there. Their rego plates are like VIN numbers... You can decode everything about the car, when is was registered, where it is registered, how much it's taxed etc etc just from the plate.

 

PS. The British prefer their beer at room temp. They are sick, twisted and deranged.

 

Yeah I f@$ked up answering Jips Question.

 

temp is missing. this was a Nissan Micra. Granted it was built in the UK, but I sorta freaked when i realised it wasn't there. Last time i saw this was in a 60s holden.

PS. The British prefer their beer at room temp. They are sick, twisted and deranged.

 

thats not true, they only drink warm beer because they all have lucas fridges. ;)

  • Author

I'm back & completely broke. After all that tripping around I don't think I'm allowed to feel sorry for myself. There is a WGMG moment. Rego on both rolla and cruiser have run out and I can't afford to reg either ATM. My brother looked after my house and managed to leave the rolla under a tree for 5 weeks and it's covered in SHIT. With water restrictions I can't wash it and without rego I can't take it to a wash bay!!

 

The one last thing I bought in Japan was this console. It's designed to strap on the top of an existing console lid. Being cream vinyl it's a nice match for the coupe interior and fits nicely just after the hand brake. I'm going to make up a bracket and slot it in.

 

until the next adventure

 

Bamboo

post-9793-1269641639_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bamboo

aaah post holiday remorse.... Quite familiar with it... Also the busted-ass-broke scenario. Mind you I'm usually flat broke before I even get on the plane and have to beg borrow steal and max out the plastic during the holiday itself :)

  • Author

My plastic was maxxed.

 

Good news. I begged the other half, who had room on her plastic, to reg the rolla. I'm now her slave until I save up the pennies again. I took it directly to the car wash, gave it a tub and am back. :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.