Carnival Weekend

coln72

Don't know if anyone has seen this but it seems like a good weekend away.

cams carnival

Copied from the CAMS website.

Major National motoring event for Echuca-Moama!

A major national motoring event for all car enthusiasts has been announced that ultimately will draw up to 5,000 vehicles and their owners from around Australia to Echuca-Moama.

CARnival, which is being organised by the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) will be held annually with the first event staged over the NSW Labor Day ‘long weekend’ on October 1-4.

The event will be the first national car club gathering ever staged in Australia and is fully supported by Tourism Victoria and the Shires of Campaspe and Murray.

CARnival has been designed to appeal to all motoring enthusiasts, regardless of the make, model, or age of their vehicle and irrespective of whether their interest lies in passive or competitive motoring activities.

Commencing Friday October 1, the unique format will allow clubs to select from a broad menu to tailor their own ‘National’ meeting from a range of static and active events.

These include:

The Shannons CARshine – a huge central car show on the banks of the Murray where up to 2,000 vehicles will be grouped by marque and models

More than 20 different club-level competition events, including motorkhanas, auto tests, speed events, a rallysprint and an off-road event, on sealed and unsealed surfaces

A twilight navigation test and a fuel economy run – both on public roads

Fun motoring events for families

A major automobilia and garagenalia swap meet

A motoring and motorsport film, photo and art festival

A highlight for visitors will be the timed and demonstration events for club cars. A closed street course through the Echuca CBD is also being considered by the organisers which if established would create another fantastic spectacle for this event.

There will also be an exciting wheel change competition for leading endurance racing teams making a pit-stop in Echuca-Moama over the weekend.

The CEO of CAMS, Graham Fountain, said CARnival was an initiative designed for the enjoyment of all motoring enthusiasts.

“This event celebrates grass roots motoring and motor sport in a way that has never been done before,” he said. “It is designed to put the fun back into vehicle ownership and use.”

For further information and publication-size photographs please contact:

Edited by coln72

Members dont see this ad

With Colin posting this up I thought it might be the Kia Carnival event with modded people movers everywhere :y:

Well, this looks like it will be a major event for the year, thanks for posting it up early... I need all the time I can get to have the 11 ready :hmm: would even use the wagon as a tow car!

Maybe we could have a Rollaclub presence there? I'm sure the tccav will make a showing, this weekend sounds nuts! Especially the prospect of a street course through town!

JP

Now I'm getting excited... From the site...

For those interested in competitive activities, CARnival will include a range of events:

Motorkhanas on five different bitumen and grass surfaces.

Tarmac Speed Events including a 400 metre Sprint and 'Go-whoa' at Echuca Airport.

Auto Tests on closed street courses.

A Rallysprint series, with five separate sections to be run.

An Off Road course.

A 'Grand Prix Rally' - style twilight navigation test.

'Hurry on the Murray' Echuca street course*

A highlight and focal point of CARnival will be the 'Hurry on the Murray' street event on a closed course through the Echuca CBD. Special activities planned on the Saturday evening and Sunday morning of the CARnival weekend include:

'Targa Prologue'- style timed runs around the 1.2km CBD street course for all eligible club cars and drivers.

An active parade of Bathurst Legends - both cars and drivers.

Hot Laps with celebrity and champion drivers to raise funds for local charities.

A Rallysprint series, with five separate sections to be run.

An alternative Energy Challenge for hybrid, electric & solar cars.

A spectacular Sunday morning Ute Shoot competition.

*Subject to approval

The Champions' Challenge

Another highlight of CARnival will be the 'Champions Challenge', a series of events for up to eight motor racing heroes and potential champions/celebrity drivers on a variety of courses and surfaces in identical vehicles.

Australian Interclub Championship (ClubNats)

The ClubNats is core series of events at CARnival that will pit car club members from around Australia against each other, with the winner being crowned the 2010 Australian Interclub Champion.

This sounds real good.

Back before the Healesville rally went ARC, they had a stage through the centre of Healesville which was a bit of fun! As navigator in an RX2, all I had to do was hang on and admire the pretty girls as we went past.

Back before the Healesville rally went ARC, they had a stage through the centre of Healesville which was a bit of fun! As navigator in an RX2, all I had to do was hang on and admire the pretty girls as we went past.

Mustn't of been going that fast then.....:hmm:

I'm soooooooooo there! should be a great showing from bendigo car club too, since were near on an hour from echuca. now whats the chances of getting my race car on rally rego, i ponder :)

hey colin, do you know if challenge of the clubs, in ballarat? is still going? havent heard about it for years!

I have heard that the Challenge of Clubs in on the 6th - 7th of March (long weekend). It was cancelled last year due to the weather.

Contact the Ballarat Light Car Club for details I guess as I have been away from them for a fair while now.

• 7 months later...