1970 Ke11

nickyboy

he's probably talking strut top conversion I'm guessing scotty.

nickboy if you want my other set of spring spacers to do the conversion, the going rate is a 6 Pack.

I've got a mate running no leaf and a set of chopped king superlows from a ke20 and that's pretty low. That's without KE20 strut tops. Pretty stiff.

yeh thats the one, the little article you wrote up, and a sixer is fine. just so i've got it right, once done my ke20 springs will fit in right? and should i remove the leaf?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you fit ke20 springs, you will need to remove the front leaves. If you don't it is going to sit really high.

Another thing, if you remove the leaves you need a front swaybar, otherwise you will get way more bodyroll when cornering. The leaves have a swaybar effect.

ahk, anyone done this swaybar mod? havent looked but i assume i would have to weld in the mounts and what not?

anyway new tires, bit of a lower profile, car grips very well with these actually. steelies are just in primer.

was thinking i may not need/want to lower the rear anymore but with the lower profile of the tire i reckon i will because it wont tuck now

23022010024.jpg

Not sure of the exact model ( I need to hit the wreckers with a measuring tape) but a falcon rear swaybay and mounts works very well on the front of ke1x's, went to have a look at a 1x 4 door a while back and that's what it was running. Is as thick as your typical aftermarket piece and was a very good fit. Just need to take some measurements to sort it out but I'm pretty sure it would be from a xe-xf or similar. Have to get one myself.

Also, if it's that model you can get cheap adjustable ones for them as well. But if you were buying a new one you may as well buy one made to suit.

JP

ahk, anyone done this swaybar mod? havent looked but i assume i would have to weld in the mounts and what not?

anyway new tires, bit of a lower profile, car grips very well with these actually. steelies are just in primer.

Yea, I fitted a Whiteline front kit to both my ke15 and ke16. Bolts up pretty easy once you've drilled some holes.

You should try some decent 185/60/13 tyres (on 13x5.5" or 13x6" rims) with the front swaybar. The thing will go around corners twice as fast. :P

Yea, I fitted a Whiteline front kit to both my ke15 and ke16. Bolts up pretty easy once you've drilled some holes.

You should try some decent 185/60/13 tyres (on 13x5.5" or 13x6" rims) with the front swaybar. The thing will go around corners twice as fast. :P

had a look on the whiteline site and came up with this

Swaybar 22mm-heavy duty

part NO: BTF7

this is the one yes? what do you get with the full kit? and its just a few holes to drill... any other modding?

sorry for all these questions, ke1xs are a new series or corolla to me

Yep that is the one.

You have to drill a couple of holes in each front rail for the mounting brackets. Also have to drill a hole in each suspension arm for the lower mounts that the link pins hook up to.

Everything is included in the kit, ie. swaybar, mounting brackets, link pins, 10 urethane bushes, nuts, bolts etc. You just have to supply a drill, some bits, spanners and an hour or two to mount it.

post-166-1266904827_thumb.jpg

Edited by Felix

I had this kit on my ke11, definately worth doing if you want it to handle.

You should look into getting custom springs made up like Henry has, they seem to

be working well for him.

i eventually want to get a sway bar, but I'm really happy with the way it handels at the moment (nick you can take it for a spin) it rails around the corners.. i reckon its cause my springs are so stiff.

i would definatley suggest going a set of custom industrial ones over king springs.. they are too soft especially if your cutting them.. getting the custom set made up is an exact fit too and to your specifications.. and new shockers helps too!

i got it to suit a ke11 bottom hat and ke20 top hat (i did philbeys strut top conversion), i also removed the front transverse leaf.

ill post up all the pics in my rides thread soon i think they are still on the camera from when i put them in the car. i have all the diamensions i got written down too!

cheers

henry

Edited by kE20ME