The 4k Trike

4k trike

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't really a lot of helpful info on that link for the btm

I just found this one the MSD website, click on downloads and there's a sheet there about setting the increments, again not overly helpful.

http://www.msdignition.com/Products/Igniti...ing_Master.aspx

Might be a really stupid question, but have you run a boost/vacuum line to the spiggot on the MSD box? Cause it can't retard timing if it can't see boost!

there are no stupid questions

yep its hooked up

its only conected to the rear inlet manifold pipe (# 4 cyl)

when valves are shut and cylinder is combusting air will build up pressure in manifold runner pipe then valve opens and pressure drops

would this affect the psi ?

ive got a feeling that the 2nd gasket i blew was because i ran over a stick and boost/vac come of (maybe)

i dident get any other paperwork with msd unit other than the above download and a 1 page addendum for the btm model

steps 12&3 mounting

step 4 conect 1/8 tube to msd spigot and route to a port on intake manifold cheers

Vac/boost line coming from #4 won't be a problem. The whole manifold is still under boost pressure.

:lolcry: Just try pulling the idle timing back to about 8* (with vac advance disconnected) and wind the btm up to 3* per psi with the next HG and see how you go.

• 1 year later...