Sr20 Ke36

hosedogg

I've got two ATM Si :( so will still have one left. Going to get it running with the 4ktc before worrying about rego. So as soon as I'm out of home will straight to get it running :P it helps having everything spare from the purple rolla haha.

Members dont see this ad

So my starter motor won't even click when I turn the key let alone work. Battery is charged up. Fuel gauge gets up to almost 3/4 as soon as I go to crank nothing at all. I traced the wiring to starter all good. But it won't work? Would it just be a stuffed starter motor? Or would that at least click still like the noise they make when your battery is flat or something?

ignition barrel.

when they get old the create more resistance. so the voltage drop is too high.

can be fixed by adding a relay in there using the ignition as a trigger only.

had to do this to my old ke55 as it kept doing what your describing. but if the starter is old it could be that too. the thing with mine was the starter was brand new.

Ok thanks mate. Will have to look into that. But am unable to do much to the car untill I move out and actually have it at my place. It's at the mrs parents house ATM and I only have a few tools in the car to use.

Here is a quick vid of the fuel pump and not cranking.

The lights bright. Isn't that on the vid? Nothing at all. If I got a click I'd straight up assume the battery. Which is the battery out of the vl.

On a plus every single one of the lights work except the reverse lights :) the on off switch next to the ashtray found out is for the thermo fan which worked no drama's at all. Horn works. Everything except the starter it seems

The lights bright. Isn't that on the vid? Nothing at all. If I got a click I'd straight up assume the battery. Which is the battery out of the vl.

On a plus every single one of the lights work except the reverse lights :) the on off switch next to the ashtray found out is for the thermo fan which worked no drama's at all. Horn works. Everything except the starter it seems

yeah definatley, i see flat batterys in cars every day and they always click click click if its flat, a jumper pack usualy gets them

going,but since your geting power on everything else just not the starter, it could be your ignition barrel like greenmac80 said,

or the solinoid on the starter has gone completely?? a way you can test is turn the car ign on and run a wire straight from the battery to the solinoid,if you get nothing then most likely the starter solinoid,replace with another,if its clicking then its the battery,if it turns the starter then most likely the ign barrel or the wires in between there and the starter, ??? thats my thoughts just a ruff guess,but give it a go run a wire to the solinoid and see what happens.....

Well when I get it to my place when I move out I will be putting a new battery in and I'll see how the starter goes then. If it still doesn't work I'll try my other starter without bolting it in first if that works i'll bolt it I'm and then try again lol. Then try igintion barrell. Also as soon as it's there I'll be fitting a surge tank and fitting the new fuel pump and vl fuel pump and wire them both up properly with relay's and fuses

Have you tried giving the start a whack with something solid? Might have just siezed up a bit in the time its sat!

Now thats why I don't like Facets..... noisey bastards. So are you going to use that Carter as a lifter?

Yeah going to use the Carter as a lift into a surge tank then the vl fuel pump out of my vl running on 6v as the main feed. The vl's got an 044 on the way now so the stock one can come out for the 36 :laff:

Yeah maybe I should try giving it a good hit first before changing anything

Hey Matt,

just found this thread. great to see your progress, and also stoked you didnt have to sell it on :laff:

Have you tried giving the start a whack with something solid? Might have just siezed up a bit in the time its sat!

Now thats why I don't like Facets..... noisey bastards. So are you going to use that Carter as a lifter?

worth a shot... I had to get my mate to wack the starter last time i turned it over.

Also Taz, imagine the noise when there was facet pumps in the rear and in the engine bay... it shit me to tears