Sr20 4age In Ke30

me and my brother have been fighting over what to do to the ke30

my brother say's sr20!!! and i say its more work then the a 4age but way more power!!

but then i say 4age :) and he say's in not going to do it then!!! :jamie:

i really wanna do this and don't no where to start i have the money

and the tool's even have a good welder! just thinking about the stuff i wanna do

confusese me but i have a good idear :|

if i go 4age I'm going smallport with 4 quad carbies 5 speed

if i go sr20 :hmm: i don't no where to start lol

ive been looking in peoples threads and been hear alot about

4age sr20 13b and 12a all costing around the same price

would love to go rotor :) (munch munch pistons for lunch) but also (munch munch fuel for lunch) :D

any help will be good

cheers shaun

Members dont see this ad

Being a KE30, you can get T3 engine mounts to bolt into the bay for the 4AGE, but most people normally go completely custom. It isn't a straight forward swap like an AE71 / KE70, so either motor will be a bit of work. If your not planning to boost the motor there's not much in it power wise between an SR and a 4A, they just make there power in different places. A good smallport on carbs will keep up with an SR20DE, maybe even beat it on the right sort of track, but it'll never be as easy to drift or as quick up the hills.

So it depends if your willing to desecrate a Toyota with a datto engine :jamie:

lol

beerhead!! what are t3 engine mounts off??? ford lazer??

keelzamate!! if i turbo it i can't drive it!!

jason12!! not a fan of the ca18de lol

well i think I'm going sr20!! just need help befor i go and buy one

sorry to say this but i have resently found out that most people selling the 4age's just sell them for fun and love playing games with you

just to see how much money they can pump out of you for it!

they need to pull there head in its not worth a million dollors!! its a 1.6l!!! today i came across a bloke that wanted

close to 2g for a 4age motor and box stocka!!! hahaha for that price i can get a hole front cut 4age! and i can also get a

rwd sr20 vvt motor complet with loom computer and gearbox so i now no what I'm doing i have got 2 sr20's at home for parts!

i no it will be harder going sr20 but yeah if i some how blow it up $400 can get me a ok one

why oh why whats happening to the corolla's these days the 4age stock motor is worth more then my ke30

but hey when i get the sr20 in and going! I'm going to sell it for $20,000 coz it so rare :jamie: jokes

cheers shaun

Edited by shauns ke30

Hmm, just looked at the site and now I'm not 100% sure on those mounts... T3 Mounts I thought they did corolla ones too, but it looks like just starlet ones! ah well. I think the RWD 16V 4a's are holding there money because of how rare they are now. Fairly difficult to find an importer that stocks them so your stuck dealing with private sales.

sr20 is not any harder to do than 4a, they do come with a much worse computer though, toyota computers are always better to work with than nissan ones.

sr20 is Probably easier conversion actually, at least a rwd format one is common as can be.

Ca18 is a waste of time, there is no sustitute for cubic inches.

The only reason you would stick with the smaller 4ag is if you are a toyota purist, which is fair enough.

KeelzaMate = my step dad used to have a ca18det silvier!!!!! not a fan it was pooo good power but the problems he had with it :lolcry:

bloody amazeing. so he sold lol

:lolcry: oh what a nissan feeling! = had a look at your rides thread you have done some good work on your ke looks good

but allso looks complicated >| lol

ive been thinking and i have just put a deposit on a rwd bp 4age with box loom and comp

i would good sr20 but this is the first time i have done this so i really wanna start small to see whats involed and how i can go about it

beerhead = thats for all the help on the pm :lolcry:

cheers shaun

Edited by shauns ke30

You'll probably beat me with your project Shaun haha

maybe lol

my motor and gearbox mounts are sorted out (my brother) same as the tailsharft

my rolla i own now is the doner :lolcry: i have to let her go rust has taken over.

getting the motor this week its out of a ke70 i get loom comp box extractors everythink. so can't be to hard to

wire it up in my ke30 if it out of a ke70. if it is hard i have a good auto electrion who own a ae86 bp 4age he say's 10minuts it'll be done

diff stock for now i no i will kill it and its locked up too >| but had no choice on that one sun gears broke

as for the clutch thing ill just have to see when i get there

hope every think works out for the best for me when i get the 4age ill start a rides thread

shaun.

Sounds good, you sourced another car yet?

Yeah I'm taking my time with mine now, i've starting purchasing all the HKS gear to use on my head

Then its GZE bottom end with forgies and turbo etc

nar havent got another car yet ever things have gone up i really want a wagon :wub:

sounds good gze bottom end tuffer and they have oil squrtes un like the bigbort. HKS

gear :D can't want to see when you finish it.

yeah I'm going to be stock for now with a cam

shaun.

nar havent got another car yet ever things have gone up i really want a wagon :)

sounds good gze bottom end tuffer and they have oil squrtes un like the bigbort. HKS

gear :lolcry: can't want to see when you finish it.

yeah I'm going to be stock for now with cams

shaun.

Edited by Beauc