1jz Cressida + Big Turbo

sleepercorty

Members dont see this ad

your mad i love it ive got a 2j halfcut but plan on droppin it in my lux

2jz hilux is an excellent idea i have a hilux daily and a 2jz in the shed its pretty tempting

Awesome stuff mate. What injectors are you running now, and how big are you gonna go? Thought you were maxed out. Sounds like you are craving more and more, i reckon its great haha!! Just confirming, your bottom end remains stock yeah?

injectors now are 1000cc i could get a little more out of them as i only have 40psi base pressure, but I'm going to something like 2000cc, and yes bottom end is stock, gearbox is stock except for mv's valve body and diff is stock

What sort of max pressure can you run through them? sorry for all the Q's, just curious. Ive seen 2jz bottom ends reliably hold +/- 800whp in a supra, driven and treated with some respect and tuning. When does she really come hard on boost? I really want a ride one day :yes: if you would be so kind haha.

Oh, and whats the deal with the boost cut?

Edited by ae824ate

What sort of max pressure can you run through them? sorry for all the Q's, just curious. Ive seen 2jz bottom ends reliably hold +/- 800whp in a supra, driven and treated with some respect and tuning. When does she really come hard on boost? I really want a ride one day :yes: if you would be so kind haha.

Oh, and whats the deal with the boost cut?

this may answer your question, it is american hp but so is more like 780rwhp in australian terms. 1jz have shorter rods than a 2jz which means they rev alot harder safely and makes them a stronger motor, but 2jz has the extra capacity which helps it make more power so strenght wise they are pretty similar. but if you work on capacity vs power 1jz would come out on top

boost cut is because i have a fully sick bleed valve, I'm to tight to buy a boost controller. because of the different altitude between toowoomba and ipswich you always run 1-2 psi more in ipswich than you will in toowoomba because the air is thinner up here so you just have to adjust your boost controller slightly. i turned my bleed valve in half a turn but brobably needed a full turn, when i go to bigger injectors i will just turn boost cut off when i race but because my injectors are maxed didnt want to risk it.

OKE stopped his sky high wheel stands by using softer front springs and travel limiters. May be an idea to stop the front launching up in the air and the ass squatting so much?

yeh suspension is ok for now its running ok 60ft so will leave it for now and see what happens

nice work running your 10 mate pitty you can't have a few more cracks at it sounds like there's more in it, did you run that straight up ? how was the test and tune busy ??

yeh would love to of had some more cracks at it, i broke the beam on the first run so got on the brakes early and lined up again and ran the 10.56. with a 1.5 60ft and an extra 3-4mph its got a 10.2 in it with practice, but probably just add some power to make it easier

I'm honestly suprised your gearbox has held up to this already, still got a spare? Are you gonna up the boost a little with the injectors? Whats happening with the 2jz, been wondering about that! Luke.

no 2jz going in this car, couldnt bring myself to do it, i much prefer the 1jz. going to take boost to probably around 28-30psi and see what happens, there could possibly be things breaking lol