Supercharged 4k

Mitch-12

G`day again mate, There`s another thread going at the moment that has a nice draw through setup pictured. I`m no expert but I think that the sc pictured is an sc14, probably from a holden.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=40370

I`ve never had an sc12 apart or an s14 for that matter, but my son works as an apprentice mechanic in a well rpected workshop in our town and the info about not doing suck thru with an sc12 came from his employer. It has something to do with the materials used inside the supercharger that make it only useable one way.

Just a comment on the lovely job that the fella with the picture has done. There seems to be a hell of a lot of fuel still in the piping once the weber butterflies are closed and its my opinion that it could and probably would cause delays in both accelleration and decelleration. Don`t hang me if I`m wrong, its just my observation.

Theres a sc12 on ebay at the moment if your interested.

Anyway, cheers mate. Old Fella.

well i think you should become an apprentice too mate just like ur son and not comment on what you don't kno shit about,

we done that setup^^ my bro's car had 100kw at wheels no fuelage etc!!.

sc14 off og 1 ggze!! holden wtf.........

Have a great night from KALBY

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your wrong mate was sweet setup never had a problem with delays ask clutch

Thanks for the reply mate, it sure is a sweet setup. I ran home made fuel injection many years ago on a speedcar and suffered delays because of the length of the manifold etc. I just made the assumption that your set up might cause the same. I wasn`t having a shot at you.

Is it a sc12 or a sc14 by the way and is that a 40 or a 45 weber?

See ya, Old Fella.

well i think you should become an apprentice too mate just like ur son and not comment on what you don't kno shit about,

we done that setup^^ my bro's car had 100kw at wheels no fuelage etc!!.

sc14 off og 1 ggze!! holden wtf.........

Have a great night from KALBY

Thanks for the really uncalled for rude comment. Your a big bastard on the other end of a computer aren`t you. Go f@$k yourself wanker.

Thanks for the really uncalled for rude comment. Your a big bastard on the other end of a computer aren`t you. Go f@$k yourself wanker.

I also thought it was a very hostile comment, particularly as you said "Don't hang me if I'm wrong.."

Thanks for the reply mate, it sure is a sweet setup. I ran home made fuel injection many years ago on a speedcar and suffered delays because of the length of the manifold etc. I just made the assumption that your set up might cause the same. I wasn`t having a shot at you.

Is it a sc12 or a sc14 by the way and is that a 40 or a 45 weber?

See ya, Old Fell

Edited by Backyard Engineering

old fella:

if you are unsure don't comment and don't swear and that on this thread

if you don't like it don't comment

old fella:

if you are unsure don't comment and don't swear and that on this thread

if you don't like it don't comment

Mitch, my apology fro the language if you are offended. You have obviously been reading all of the comments made on this thread by myself and many others and you must agree that some good stuff has come out of it. Yes, I am unsure but I am willing to share what little knowlege I have on the subject. It might save a car fire sometime.

The original builder of the setup in the thread that I posted could have easily shared his wealth of knowlege with us earlier and saved us all a lot of time. He chose not to, except to come back at me, who is really just here to find out answers myself, with a scathing verbal attack that I take exception to.

Cheers.

Mitch, my apology fro the language if you are offended. You have obviously been reading all of the comments made on this thread by myself and many others and you must agree that some good stuff has come out of it. Yes, I am unsure but I am willing to share what little knowlege I have on the subject. It might save a car fire sometime.

The original builder of the setup in the thread that I posted could have easily shared his wealth of knowlege with us earlier and saved us all a lot of time. He chose not to, except to come back at me, who is really just here to find out answers myself, with a scathing verbal attack that I take exception to.

Cheers.

yea mate fair enough i can see it from your side too

Quit the arguing.

Old fella has done nothing wrong and I think you need to pull your head in for a minute Kalby. He wasn't bagging your setup, he was making and observation and an assumption, you were the one who got all offended by it.

The reason is that at about 3000rpm the motor draws close to 2000L/min, and 2M of piping with an ID of 50mm only holds a few litres of mixture, say 4L with the S/C in, so it goes through the motor in 1/10th of a second.

No chance for delay.

However, a suckthrough always has that piping full of highly explosive fuel mix, something to think about with silicon hoses that blow out...

And for that I would always run blowthrough. I have had some rather interesting times putting out enginebay fires from my old draw through turbo setup. It's just not worth it, even whenthere running well they don't run as well as a blow through setup ( and they don't run as well as efi for that matter).

The weber will run really well with excelent throttle response in blow through form. If your keen you can intercool it as well. You will however need a decent sized intake plenum ontop of the carb to dull the pulsing that a rooted style blower creates (an intercoolerer actually helps here) and a decent fuel system to get it running right.

It can get pretty complicated if you let it and if you want it done right.

But if your happy to live with a compromise I can see a draw through system working for you. You will still need to update the fuel system, make your pipework etc, will probably run alright. Just don't expect a reliable monster :lolcry:

One last thing, if your going to muck around making mounts and the like, go an sc14. It gives you room for upgrades later on, you can spin it slower yo create the same amount of boost as an sc12 and you will have lower intake charge temps. You should really get either of the blowers modified for more rotor clearance when running drawthrough though, the crearances are quite tight and over time running furl through it will cause it to fail... Been there done that... You might get 6 months out of it or 6 years, depends on the blower.

Hope that info makes sense! Pm kickn5k for some more info too, stu has a wikd blown efi intercooler and VERY camy 5k in his ke11... Lots of fun ;)

JP