Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Power Loss

Featured Replies

I'm currently running a 4A-C motor with a 32/36 DGAV Weber, recently there have been issues under acceleration, when full throttle is used, or the rev's exceed 4,000rpm (generally when the second valve opens) the engine loses power and seems to stop firing on all cylinders.

 

Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

 

Thanks.

Stewart.

  • Author
Checked the timing?

Points?

The leads and plugs?

 

Well actually, I just swapped out the plugs and points and re-timed it myself.

Do you think I timed it wrong?

  • Author
sounds sort of like the secondary circuit in the carb is blocked and its not getting fuel through.

 

Is it fine when you''re just using the primary circuit?

 

It occasionally mis-fires when cruising, but only under heavy acceleration does it get really bad.

  • Author

New Symptom:

 

The problem is getting worse, loss of power and mis-firing happens at all levels of accelleration, not just heavy acceleration.

i have a AE82 also with a 4AC which is doing the same thing, drives fine when not using the secondaries but stand on it in any gear at any speed and it hesitates but if i slowly squeeze the throttle on as the engine speed increases its fine. going to take a closer look at mine this weekend

  • Author
plug leads!!!

 

Might have to invest in some :/

my problem is sorted, found the dizzy had been fully retarded

  • Author
my problem is sorted, found the dizzy had been fully retarded

 

Retarded as in broken? Or retarded as in Late Timing?

Retarded as in broken? Or retarded as in Late Timing?

 

I had a RWD 4A-C in a AE84.

Have you ever changed the timing belt? I did. The engine would cough at low end then almost boost up to about 4000rpm then just fizz out again. Couldn't get it right. Eventually the the valves burned out and she died. Turned out I was 1 tooth retarded on the belt....

  • Author
I had a RWD 4A-C in a AE84.

Have you ever changed the timing belt? I did. The engine would cough at low end then almost boost up to about 4000rpm then just fizz out again. Couldn't get it right. Eventually the the valves burned out and she died. Turned out I was 1 tooth retarded on the belt....

 

Thanks, I'll check that too.

Retarded as in broken? Or retarded as in Late Timing?

 

 

late timing, dizzy was hard against the stop. pulled it to about the center and went for a quick drive and heard a very small ping and backed it off and now its all sweet

  • Author

Looks like LowVp was right, the points had closed up and the Dizzy was retarded by about 5 degrees.

All fixed now.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

 

Stewart.

Edited by Gecko71

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.