Ke55 Sedan

rob1

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice wheels. I was thinking of putting a set on my ke30 2 door but wasnt sure if they would suit it. My doubt has now been answered. ;)

Any chance of some bigger side view pics and maybe some closer pics of the wheels and gaurds? (without the flares)

How much do the tyres clear the gaurds by (without the flares), and what is the offset of the wheels?

Edited by kangaroosa

Appreciate the comments guys! Thanks!

Regarding the wheel/guards.............

I don't know what the actuall offset is. It says 13 7jj or something like that on them. When the car was at standard height, there would have been no problem with the rears. Once I lowered the rear though, you definatly have to roll the guards with these wheels. So my brother and I got out the trusty Monroe shocky that I pulled out of the front and rolled the guard. The problem I had, and most other '55 owners would know, is that the guard was heavily rusted from the centre of the top all the way to the rear. This made rolling the guard out difficult. (I have done this on other cars before no sweat). The other factor for me is the tyres I have. They are extremely square and will slightly rub even with my d.i.y rolling job. With standard style 205's I really don't think you would have a problem.

Now the front............With the same d.i.y roling job and very stiff springs and shocks, they won't rub the outer guard. But the problem lies with the rear inner guard. When on anything over 2 turns on the steering wheel, the outer edge of the tyre will hit the rear inner guard. There is also a seam right where it hits. Now with standard rounder profile tyres you may not have this problem. Infact, a friend had exactly the same rims but with more stand. style tyres on a '55 coupe and had no dramas. But it wasn't as low as mine. This is fixed in my case however, with a blockbuster!

I'll post up some pics over the weekend, hopefully I can help.

Cheers, Rob

Edited by rob1

Yeah, that's what I thought it meant!

The flares look tuff! But the rears are a bit too phat!

The tyres are TOYO Proxes R888 205/60/13. Street legal race tyre. Stick like shit to a blanket.

Edited by rob1

Haven't raced the rolla yet! Still sorting out some stuff. Hopefully get a lap time at the local track down here within a month. If it's not to slow I'll drop in a cage and tailshaft loop and get my ass to some hillclimbs and club days. Basically I've done f&*k all kays since the donk went in, just a bit of street driving. Need more power I reckon. Will be interesting what times I get though. I'll keep informed ;)