rob1

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey,

i am building a car similar to yours. mine will have a 3TG with 1mm OS pistons. just wondering how you mounted the engine. i have heard alot the bolt straight in but are 17mm to one side. are you just using the standard mounts? those flare look really good i will have to get some for my car.

Cheers, Calvin

Gday hokey. Basically what I did was used modified engine mounts rather than modify my cross member. I still had to use a new hole in the engine mount, but the engine sits more to the drivers side than if I just used standard ta22 mounts. The mounts I have have been cut and welded slightly. Not majorly though, I got them like this and if I were to do the conversion again I probably wouldn't worry about it. The bloke who helped the most with my conversion has been involved with building a few 2tg ke35 race cars and on all of them they haven't worried about it. The amount that you have to move the engine to have it sitting dead straight is not imperitive to handling, it's mor for looks. Unlees you were going to build an absolutely ultra-perfect race car then I would not worry about it.

Here you can see how I used the different holes in the mounts.

mount2.jpg

yeh i am upgrading the brakes i think i am putting on a T18 master and i will see if that fits up to the ke30 booster. will tackle it when i come to it. my cousin has quite a few AE71's sitting at his hous aswell so i could try that combination of booster and master.

Cheers, Calvin