Jesse'S 71'

Jesseb369

Members dont see this ad
SHE IS REGISTERED AND ON THE ROAD! YES!!!!

PEOPLE OF CAIRNS, FNQ, LOOK OUT!

Congrats mate, its a good feeling when you get to drive it registered for the first time. I've done about 5 cars up and the feeling never changes :jamie:

It starves for idle after driving or waiting at a roundabout say, it wants to die, it jumps from 500rpm to 750 and then to 200 then to 750 etc etc.

I changed the spark plugs yesterday and it has been serviced and had about half a can of carby cleaner through it.

Any Idea's?

Thanks Fellas.

• 3 weeks later...

no more progress of late. I am certainly keen to keep this fairly stock in the engine department and track down a overrated as Ae71 CSX manual with bugger all rust and nice paint.

But I love this car :D

I am getting another Ae71 as well I'm pretty sure. lots of rust but.. Good engine and interior etc. So I'll part it and use it for spares as needed!

It also has Aircon so I will put that in my car because aircon is a neccessity in the Tropics !!!!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Quick update, I just got a new job about 3 weeks ago. Apprentice upholsterer. So thinks should be looking up for myself and the car soon. She needs a service annnd I polished all the chrome on her. Looks beautiful!

That’s great :y: as I need my KE35 dash reupholster as I have 5 splits happening. "Which reupholster do I go to, to ask for the manager “Jesse” for a 50% discount." :lol:

I was thinking of sending my dash down to Brisbane to be reupholster.

Seriously thought congratulations on the new job as it is a tough market out there in Cairns at the moment

Haha cheers. Yeah it's definitly tough to survive up here at the moment. Kens canvas and upholstery is the place mate, could cost abit, I'm unsure on what the boss would charge but he can do anything and I mean, anything!

More progress has been sprung, I took to my car with and angle grinder armed with a steel wire attachment, not tooooo much rust. Can't wait to fix it. Anyone in cairns have an old wreck to donate some sheet metal for my old girl?

I picked up an ae86 bonnet from 7shades on Sunday and also met teddy and we had a great chinwag. Unfortunatley the 86 bonnet don't fit in an ae71 so well. So the boys folded her In half and it just fit.

The bonnet will be used for rust repair on my ae71 over the Easter holidays.

Rust in both rear guards, boot lip and spare wheel well and passenger front door. Any tips will be much appreciated, like surface prep and voltage, wire speed etc. Basicilly I want to tack it all and seal it up and not blow holes in it.

Cheers,Jesse.