September 27, 200521 yr comment_73427 what about clearance to the dashboard? will that be a problem? or don't you have one? hehe Just for notice:On LHD cars you must move windshield wiper motor to passenger side to make room for cylinders. my LHD ke70 has the wiper motor on the passenger side from factory? are you gonna connect a wire etc so you can adjust the brake balance while you're driving? Report
September 27, 200521 yr Author comment_73428 Yes, i don't have dash :ban: But it will have dash when i'm finished. and yes it will fit, but then again, i'm not using any stock meters, so there is plenty of room. On KE20 wiper motor is mountet directly to pedal assembly. i don't know how much there would be room in KE70, but i susspect that it's going to be tight fit. If it's only possible, do it forward at enginebay. Much easier... And yes, i'll make adjusting knob to the dash Report
November 25, 200520 yr comment_84079 nice! I guess you made the rear coilovers yourself? looks like bilstein shocks just like I have.. got any more pictures of how they are made? just welded the thread tube on the damper or what? :D also, are you gonna reinforce the chassis? I'm thinking about making/buying rear coilovers myself and I guess I'll go for a 10point rollcage, but I don't know if it's enough reinforcement Report
November 25, 200520 yr Author comment_84082 The rear coilovers are at loan, I'm takin measures, and make new tubes. Shocks are plain rallye Bilstains and threaded tube slided over them. Body is ready to race, rollcages and fourlinks and all reinforcements i need :wink: Rear strut towers are adjustable and some view of rollcage, wich in front goes all the way to front towers. Wheel arches are modified, rear floor pan is modified to axxept Dana30 axle. Now waiting for front poly bushes, chromo rods and aurora rod ends to come, that i can finalice my 4-links and watt links. Next thing is to get it on four wheels and go measure some corner weights to determine suitable springs for gravel and snow. :D Then i go and cut the roof out and weld new staight to it. Then some paint... Sponsers decided that its going to be all orange, but... maybe it needs some panda look :jamie: Report
January 22, 200620 yr Author comment_97317 Some more parts finished and waiting to assembly. Rear 4-link bars with Aurora rod ends. Chromemoly steel. Rear Watt-link bars with Aurora rod ends. Cromemoly steel. Watt link frame and center swing on Dana 30(volvo 1030 axle) Report
January 22, 200620 yr Author comment_97345 If you don't mind me asking, how much did the watts setup cost you? What would coulple pieces of metal cost.. ;D Seriously, something between 150-200usd i think. Report
January 22, 200620 yr comment_97368 This is an awesome thread....I can't wait to see the final product (I'm sooo impatient) hehe Thanks for sharing it with us :) Fantastic pics too, everyone loves pics :( Report
January 22, 200620 yr comment_97374 what wheels are you going to use? volvo? or are you going to convert the axles to 4x114,3? :) Report
January 22, 200620 yr Author comment_97375 what wheels are you going to use? volvo? or are you going to convert the axles to 4x114,3? :) Allready done mate :( 4x114,3 it is. Report
January 22, 200620 yr comment_97377 Sweet, this is going to be one kick ass car when its done. Report
January 23, 200620 yr Author comment_97602 Wohoo! Finally my quads came. Gotta go open the shipment and take some pics :P Report
January 23, 200620 yr Author comment_97608 Oh this day of joy... I ordered 2 sets of 43mm silvertop quads and ended having 43mm and 45mm setups, all in nice order :P Report
January 24, 200620 yr comment_97709 looks nice, but first buy something like that and then write "romutettavaksi" to that cardboard box below. Are you just collecting those to destroy them :P when flame is going to sing, I can´t wait anymore, hurry up dude summer is near, only -4 decrees anymore :P Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now