SLW42

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You'd be looking at nearly the same power as a stock 4age just with boost, so when you did kick the clutch it'd definatly be some fun, but don't expect it to be like 4th gear munji's on a straight road in the dry, maybe in the wet but yeah it'll definately be a quickish ke70

can somebody please explain the logic behind water/meth injection i don't get it what benifit other than (what i guess it is) cooling intake temp is there for it????

Like how would it benifit a boosted k motor??? post-7244-1283243028.gif

So I'm not really familiar with carbied engines but how do you guys tune these things? Do you just change jet sizes until it doesn't flood or ping? What if I wanted to up the boost from say 8 to 12psi, would I have to change jets again? I'm guessing I'd only have to change the secondary?

yeh drill the f@$kers out, but being a mechanical secondary, with the carby you will usually get a flat spot

if you floor it down low as it clears itself up. Drill out the secondary till at peak power you have your target afr as everything under that will be rich...lol, Lock the dizzy and advance it till it makes peak torque, without water injection that would be a balance, with it should be cool

I wish that i fitted it to my old car, would have been killer.

might not have to change the jet with a boost up, just depends, and if you use 4k isn't there 2 types of pistons(aussie/jap), and one was weak as piss?

cheers

darren

can somebody please explain the logic behind water/meth injection i don't get it what benifit other than (what i guess it is) cooling intake temp is there for it????

Like how would it benifit a boosted k motor??? post-7244-1283243028.gif

1. being non crossflow head, everythings on the same side, they heatsoak like a mother f@$ker( what looks good on a dyno tune

may not look good after a 30 minute thrash of "racing on a private airstrip", i had to pull 2 degrees of timing out of the whole map dyno tuned to stop

detonation after hammering it time and time again up to 160km from a 60 km roll.

Would be fine for one 1/4 mile run however.

2. the combustion chambers aren't all that flash as look like they would have lots of hotspots leading to detonation

cheers

darren

So it benefits the motor abit, mainly just to keep it cool? i wouldn't use it cause it just seems like a waste of time to me IMO,

oh its not a waste. its actually a pretty awesome idea.

but if it screws up, your engine fills up with water, and you will bend something in a fairly catastrophic manor. and you need a fairly decent setup to make it work, wire it into your ECU as an auxilary, get your water pressure spot on, and your plumbing 100% perfect.

my mate is doing it to his 12a turbo, he spent about $150 just on the nozzle. he is intending on injecting just before the turbo, which i guess helps keep turbine temps under control as well. though i wonder how the turbine blades like cutting through water...

the other advantage other than cooling (though it sorta is cooling) is that it keeps the heat in the combustion, rather than losing it out the cylinder walls. greater efficiency thus more powers.

it also keeps the inlet temps cooler, which increases the density of air = more power.

though I'm not sure how it would go with a carby turbo setup, note sure i would be tooo keen on pumping water through a carby, but theres no reason why it shouldnt work....

Edited by ke70dave