SLW42

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have thought the lower comp would have been the manual cars not auto, Holden did it for years. Kept the manual and auto cars about the same speed among other reasons.

The bb28 should be great, stu (kickn5k) has just bought one for his ke11, changing from his blown setup to the turbo to throw 20odd psi at the 5k.

As for k motor or not, for the extra effort you will get a quicker possibly more reliable car with a later model engine, mind you I loge the idea of a boosted k, my kind of challenge.

JP

Yeah i've decided on putting a bb t28 onto a 5k so i can say i've done it :) i'm gonna see how long my 5k will last with 12pound of boost pushed through the j pipe and stock motor besides a cam in my ke70 and once it's running alrightish i'm gonna take it out to see how it goes down the quarter, another question for our boosted k motor fans, would an 35mm external gate be a waste of time on the j pipe? With about a 6 - 10 pound spring in it?

Can do a screamer of an internal gate also :)

The only advantage I see of external gate is being able to change the spring to control boost pressure yourself. Can quite easily get an internal gate happy to 30+psi. I'm trying to stay internal gate on the vl. But starting to prove difficult as have finally made a final decision on the turbo. Going to use a gt4094r. And they are all external. Older 4088's housing's would fit though and can be found in internal. But finding one the size I want with split pulse rear and internal would be a major pain lol.

And where did you find a 35mm to by the way? Or was it a misprint and ment to say 38mm? A turbosmart gate is about $800 remember that when your thinking of going external :)

There are many more external gate manufacturers than just turbosmart man :) , i could probably get a 38mm turbosmart pushing my luck brand new but definately second hand for less than $250, and no it wasn't a misprint it said TIAL 35mm external gate $150 i know where to find good second hand gear for a cheap price (not ebay crap either) it's all about where you go and how long you wait for the starting price of the add to drop :blinks: , plus turbo smart make like a 25mm external too, and now i'm thinking about making a manifold but getting the car going with that j pipe to start with :)

Edited by SLW42

NOPE you can't beat external wastegate flutter/does plus it's better for the turbo rather than internal gate flutter coz that shit breaks turbo's eventually, so once i can there will be no internall gate for me

Wastegates don't flutter man, that's compressor surge. Can anybody answer my carby question?

Lol that's what I was about to say. Wastegate only control's boost.

Can't think of anyone that has drilled the secondaries out on te stock carby for boost. My 4k turbo carby has a weber on it :blinks:

yeh my mate set one up did, he put the secondary jet in the primary, and drilled out the secondary jet,

put my old wrx intercooler and td04(MY99) turbo on it, made 100rwkw on 11-12psi from memory

worked like a charm

cheers

darren

Edited by untubbed_20

So I'm not really familiar with carbied engines but how do you guys tune these things? Do you just change jet sizes until it doesn't flood or ping? What if I wanted to up the boost from say 8 to 12psi, would I have to change jets again? I'm guessing I'd only have to change the secondary?