Rt104 Corona

jimi91

Members dont see this ad

another option would be to cut another piece of metal the same size as the hole. then using stuff called

'panel glue' tough as nails once on there that bit of metal aint never gonna come off.

do this after properly cleaning and treating the area.

also brush some 'kill rust' paint or something similar.? this stuff is a moisture curing urethane perfect for preventing rust from ever reforming.

ok thanks guys for all the help!!! :lolcry:

yeah I'm going to ask dads panel beater mate and see what he sais and i think he had a mig from my memory, 'panel glue' ive never heard of it but ill go have a look for some and maybe use that ????

yeah fiberglass was dads idea and thats another option i could go it just depends if i can get a mig or not ???

see ya

jimi

ps ill try get some pics up soon

I saw this old as video on youtube a while back, I can't find it now but he had wire mesh, like the fly screen stuff, and laced teeth floss through it, poked the mess through the hole(holding onto the floss) then pulled on the floss to pull the mesh back and flush with the metal, then pulled the floss outwards and taped it to the panel on each side of the hole! Then bogged it up as usual over the mesh! The moral behind this story is use flossing stuff

:(

I saw this old as video on youtube a while back, I can't find it now but he had wire mesh, like the fly screen stuff, and laced teeth floss through it, poked the mess through the hole(holding onto the floss) then pulled on the floss to pull the mesh back and flush with the metal, then pulled the floss outwards and taped it to the panel on each side of the hole! Then bogged it up as usual over the mesh! The moral behind this story is use flossing stuff

:(

wow never heard of that ill have to think of that when I'm deciding on what to do

thanks for the help guys its helping so much!!!

see ya

jimi

• 2 weeks later...
Just checked out your thread. Looks like you have your work cut out for you but it's good to see you are getting stuck into it :(

hahah yeah thanks mate

slight prob guys cause I'm a apprentice mechanic i only get a little money so now its taking me ages to save up for a welder :D luckily i get to go halves with dad :P other prob is ive got to fix my daily at moment :bash: and thats taking a bit of my money!!!

see ya

jimi

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok bad news ive decided that the corona has a bit to much rust in the body but all the driveline is good hmmmmm

but after doing a motorkhana today ive thought of making a special like these.......

post-10684-017737800 1285493288_thumb.jpg

post-10684-082701700 1285493308_thumb.jpg

post-10684-050045000 1285493315_thumb.jpg

hmm what ya think guys i reckon it would go alright and it would have parts of corollas and ronas lol :lolcry:

so that means parts are up for grabs if ya want any parts of the rona just let me now and we can decide on prices :happy:

see ya

jimi

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...