1981 Ke70 Panelvan. Its Brown.

e70van

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the kind words people :D

its good fun putting together the car with all the refurbed parts! it quite rewarding. :)

The car is almost done (not many pics atm), just need to fit drivers door glass, outer glass rubber and both inner weatherstrips then it can be driven on the road again! (interior is still apart, but meh its driveable!)

All these pics in my thread are off my Nokia phone but id really like to use a better camera for the completed shots ;)

You can see my original quad light beaver panel in these pics. not sure why my van has this beaver fitted. has been like that since i owned it.

26012011503.jpg

26012011505.jpg

An OLD pic showing the orange peal/lumpy paint on my front guard. (exact same peal/lumps on the drivers side too)

So i stripped it back, found some filler under there. i kept sanding and found some LEAD filling.. Sooo at some stage my van was sporting some fender mirrors! pretty cool i reckon ;)

03112010271.jpg

Looks great with the new paint. That beaver panel is not a quad headlight one it's the correct type for the big euro headlights like what's on my van.

Oh, that makes more sense. cheers Paul!

Tate: - wheels were done by hand. grinder with the flapper disc to fix the lip.paint stripper, some sand paper,lots of steel wool and autosol. paint is metallic jade with some clear coat.

Went for a spin today :D no interior trims though but i had the time to set up one 6x9 to keep me happy.

Wheels are on. 7.5" bilbos on the back, new wheels on the front. looks pretty cool ;)

Now to fit/make interior paneling, headliner, screw the madhouse lip on, give it a cut/polish. (plus several other little things)

Edited by e70van

Bilbo's are still gold. planning to keep it that way ;)

Will try and find a decent camera and get pics up tonight.

also if anyone with a 70/71 wagon or van has a picture of their fuel tank (without the spare tyre fitted), can they please post it? for some reason i can't fit my spare back underneath! (a celica 14". i've had it up there before, but now it wont go! weird)

Dude ur new rims came up SOOOOO nice!!! i love your work! those rims are worth billions now all because of some simple effort in cleaning them up!

i'll post a pic of my fuel tank tonight for you but i deleted the spare tyre and the brackets for it... is that what you're after?