Desmond's Ae71 Csx.

Des

Hey Hey,

I've waited freakin ages for this car to arrive on a truck, About 3 months. It came a long way from Mr Shades but Anyway....

1984 Ae71 CSX

4AC and an automatic.

Has the usual spots of rust that i need to finish off repairing and then a general tidy up, The interior is pretty clean for its age. I've been collecting parts for this car for a while so i've got a fair bit of shit in the shed.

To do list:

Check all brakes etc

Check all fluids.

Change front rotors and pads

Clean out interior, Vacuum it out etc.

Get it running smoothly, has a miss at idle.

Manual conversion.

Full tank of 98 and adjust timing.

Fuel filter, plugs, oil and oil filter.

Put on 14" rims.

Get the standard radio working and crank 4KQ.

Fix exhaust leak.

Fit wipers.

Swap over LHR window regulator.

Fix interior light and door light.

Swap over parkers.

Fit fog lamps i nicked from a Y61 patrol.

Fit twin thermo fans.

Fix the A/C

Parts Acquired to date:

14 inch corona wheels from Beerhead.

Ae71 manual pedal box.

T50 and conversion gear

Clutch master and hard clutch line.

40mm side draft webers.

Y61 fog lamps.

Looking to buy a Rt142 wreck and put the 22r into the Ae71 with the 40's etc.

Pictures

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

Ciao

Edited by AE70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brings back memories of my AE71 Spirit. Only every saw one other. In the North Point shopping center, Merlbourne.

A rare piece it was. White, decals, rear spoiler, 4AC, 5 speed. The memories have me sweating like a pedo at a Wiggles concert....ode to the spirit......

Wow, this car has really turned its life around fast. Not but a few days ago, I observed it lying destitute in a gutter in Far North Queensland. Now its hitched a ride to the big smoke, got a new house, a doting mechanic, even a web page! Things are really starting to look up! :lol:

Wow, this car has really turned its life around fast. Not but a few days ago, I observed it lying destitute in a gutter in Far North Queensland. Now its hitched a ride to the big smoke, got a new house, a doting mechanic, even a web page! Things are really starting to look up! :lol:

Hey its already been on the internets..

Entered into the Cairns City Council database as an abandoned vehicle :(

I'll be watching this one closely Des.... What year is it, 83 or 84? I ask because on the drivers' side strut tower is like a little box with vac lines running off it toward the carby. Mine dosent have this at all, from what Ive seen of the rwd 4ac's there appear to be little differences in regards to emissions lines as the months/years passed in the ae71's production life.

Is the body staying csx style on the exterior with the strips and rub strips?

I'll be watching this one closely Des.... What year is it, 83 or 84? I ask because on the drivers' side strut tower is like a little box with vac lines running off it toward the carby. Mine dosent have this at all, from what Ive seen of the rwd 4ac's there appear to be little differences in regards to emissions lines as the months/years passed in the ae71's production life.

Is the body staying csx style on the exterior with the strips and rub strips?

It's an 84... One of the very last.

That little valve and associated plumbing connects to the idle up circuit on the carby... Part of the a/c system.

It's an 84... One of the very last.

That little valve and associated plumbing connects to the idle up circuit on the carby... Part of the a/c system.

Hmm, I've never seen that before Des. I thought the carby and a/c would run independant of each other. Or does that operate on the economy mode where the a/c kicks in and out. How later build in 84 is it, mine is aug 84.

September i think. I will double check tomorrow. The body will stay standard just need to finish off some rust work, just need to find someone to do it for me. My next door neighbor is giving me a few 22R blocks and some heads. Not exactly sure whats there but its a lot of parts.

Tomorrow i well get it running sweet and hopefully fix the gear box leak.

Today's effort saw the spark plugs replaced, Coolant flush, Clean out the boot, Fit the wipers, Swapped over the window and reg to the LHR door, Swapped over parkers and did a bit of polishing.

The heater tap decided to split and piss out new coolant while i was under the car tightening the auto cooler lines and the fuel pump leaks fuel on to the exhaust ;) The radio is stuffed, If you turn the volume knob or tuning knob the power cuts in and out. So the heater tap and fuel pump will be tomorrows effort

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

A quick video of a cold start up. 1100rpm is its cold idle and the 1800rpm is me.

th_IMG_0163.jpg