Me Ke20

frasian

nah cutstom made watanabes would be too costly, but thanks for all the effort.. i appreciate it

I'm not financially set for that just yet haha

but ive been lucky enough to find a set of wheels from twinkytodd which ill be going to see and hopefully get this sat :bash:

and they will deff do better on my budget

so yeah everything for this car starts this sat for me

excitedd :blush: :jamie:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok so during the weekend i took bulk photo's of the rollla

and a present arrived friday... my doner ke20 :hmm:

was a beautiful day so perfect day for the photo's

so yeah just a good amount of photos coming up haha

my20

exterior

PICT0069.jpg

PICT0068.jpg

PICT0053.jpg

PICT0051.jpg

PICT0050.jpg

interior

PICT0056.jpg

PICT0058.jpg

PICT0059.jpg

PICT0060.jpg

PICT0062.jpg

PICT0057.jpg

i couldnt believe how clean the ashtray was .. like new >>> my face :lolcry:

PICT0061.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

engine

PICT0085.jpg

PICT0084.jpg

THE DONER KE20

she is a roughy but meh can't complain for $350 :lolcry:

PICT0099.jpg

PICT0101.jpg

PICT0102.jpg

PICT0098.jpg

PICT0097.jpg

PICT0094.jpg

can anyone tell me what has been done to this engine the guy says its a 4k head i knw there are extractors and a new 2in zorst and a thermo fan but taht all i know of so anything else would be much appreciated

PICT0088.jpg

PICT0087.jpg

PICT0104.jpg

PICT0105.jpg

^^my sisters keeper :lolcry: ^^^

comparison

PICT0112.jpg

what steering wheel do you think would loook better

my interior has been redone in a black all door trims will be black and new carpet is black .. ive got white dash thing and pillars

so yeah I'm not sure if i want the period racing wheel or woodgrain and paint the centre black or white.. so yeah need some feedback on that please

big thanks to twinkytodd for the awsome dragsters

PICT0114.jpg

PICT0116.jpg

^^^ since there photos they have come up super sexy with a good steelo scrub, rub back with 1200 wet and dry and metal polish ill try and get pics for it soon

btw do u guys think i should paint the centres black (watanabe sorta style) and have the rims nicely poliched and have the chrome bolts ?

few pics of my and my bro's 325 i, what do u guys think of colour .. i love it

PICT0081.jpg

PICT0083.jpg

PICT0079.jpg

thanks

gauthier.

The black interior looks in pretty good nick mate, that's a bonus !

I would definitely be going for the steering wheel that's currently in the car, the woodgrain one does not really suit the style.

i got the interior re trimmed and I'm not too happy with the headrests they looks clumpy and annorexic

but hey for $350 can't complain :(

and wiht the steering wheel the woodgrain one was free and the black one is on the doner 20 so yeah thanks and i think i will go with the periodic one :ninja:

• 1 month later...

so finally work has been done

ive stripped the full front end pretty much ready for ye olde 3k to go and the newer worked one to come in

PICT0132.jpg

PICT0133.jpg

PICT0137.jpg

not to bad for a 37yr old car

PICT0134.jpg

worked a goodload of rust off and used some acid shit to eat right into it :blush:

then gave my wheels a quick polish and they have come up a treat

BEFORE

PICT0116.jpg

AFTER

PICT0131.jpg

just a quick polish not much time spent ill give her a good one once i paint the spokes black

badboy shot :hmm:

PICT0136.jpg

so yeah next thursday take the engine out

give the bay a good rub down and fresh paint then she is ready for the worked 3k and 4 spd manual :(

Edited by frasian

they look great mate, my front bar on my ke20 is not in the best condition :bash: so looking at getting this fixed soon and rechromed, but looks like you have a good one there :laff:

cheers man i got a second set of another 20 i got lying around for a transplant with near perfect chrome aswell :rolls:

• 4 weeks later...

well stuffs been happening

engine is out :)

been rubbing the bay down so ready for a respray, just been cleaning stuff up polishing degreasing stuff like engine and bay so yeah enjoy

PICT0145.jpg

PICT0147.jpg

PICT0150.jpg

PICT0149.jpg

PICT0153.jpg

so yeah the bay is in primer now but it was dark and camera was out of battery

but now everything is at a standstill i got exams i should be studying for but meh

well the bay is now all painted, its in a acrylic but put some hardener for a 2pac finish, the white i got was a bit green at 1st look and compared to the car and the interior white its quite off, but it is original toyota colour the white 007,

anyway here is some pics of the car being prepped (ps. i hate masking up)

all there is to do is re mask and paint the steering rack and sway bar

PICT0145-1.jpg

PICT0146-1.jpg

in primer

PICT0151-1.jpg

PICT0153-1.jpg

PICT0156.jpg

in white

and a lil comparison photo

PICT0146.jpg

PICT0155.jpg

and a bob tailed lizard came to help today

PICT0144-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

so not much has been happening,

its been a while and since then i have

put engine and box in, after some cleaning with the pressure washer i saw the new engine is a 4k and not a 3 as the guy told me, so in a way its a score, all looks to be in good cond and most things replaced, the clutch is also pretty new so yeah.

now the engine and box is all in ive been tydying it all up, wiring all redone in tape, things being re painted and a start of the motor will be coming soon,

i did the pedal box changeover, but not the whole setup just the clutch and break pedal, can anyone help me with an idea or pics to show a custom clutch stopper, as the original box in car is auto but i got manual box stuff put on.

so yeah all that is needed to be done is new pipes from radiator to engine and work out abit more wiring from thermo fan and put clutch cable through and 1st start is a go :)

• 2 months later...

well its been a while and tafe has now started so time is reduced to not much but some things have been done

I'm still having problems with the clutch its just too long and i can't understand why it was a fine fit in the other car so is it the pedal box that is further out or ?

have done most the rust in the car lhs is back on, have decided to paint grille surrounds and vent thing all black as it think it would contrast nicely against the white, I'm thinking of a few different colour schemes between grille and wheels.

1st is the grill it is painted black and de\badged I'm going to make a fibreglass bit to fill in the rest but what I'm thinking is a red line through the middle... abit like the new golf GTI what are your thoughts on that ?

PICT0151-2.jpg

PICT0148-2.jpg

your going to have to use your imagination cause i can't photoshop haha

and second is what colour to paint my wheels, i was originally going to go black against the chrome lip but now I'm thinking white ?

PICT0131.jpg

and last but not least i have the engine timer correct... well very close it misses a little bit and i got a video but when i upload it to youtube there is no sound so sorry guys