Air Bag Steering Wheel In A Ke

skd30

Members dont see this ad

i would think that yes i can be done... but i imagine it'd be a headache. also airbag designs i would imagine are completely incorporated with car design wheel design driver position etc. etc. so fitting it into another car could happen.. i wouldn't trust its reliability though.

Look up the cost of a full air bag system, and it's something that should be done by a qualified auto-elec. Cause in the end those things can break bones if they go off when you don't want them to. Knowing what's in an airbag system i would not bother, just get a later model car tha has them standard.

I can just imagine the thread for the install.

Day one: Just got air bags for the KE!

Day Two: Trying to do the air bag install!

Day Fifty Eight: Just woke up from the coma.

They are EXPLOSIVE. It would cost a hell of a lot more to put one in a KE than a car with them that is legal.

If your mate is serious about doing it he will have to do some serious research.

Plus a butt ugly air bag steering wheel in a KE?

Probably cheaper to put a full cage in.

Edited by blzbub666

I think if your parents ask if the car you want has air bags it pretty much rules out KE's.

Or basicly anything old and fun.

She can have one, they just would have liked her in a car with airbags...to bad, she'll just have to drive slower lol

And ide like to see someone looking like the stig driving down the street in a ke. i think id die laughing