60 / 70's Dealer Stickers

parrot

I'm looking for 60's / 70's dealer stickers. In particular a Le Mans Toyota sticker from Footscray in Melbourne. Have been in touch with them, and whilst very helpful, they not surprisingly didn't have any in a box at the back of the service dept. My stepfather bought his MX36 Cressida wagon at Goulds.

My dad bought his KE20 Corolla from Le Mans, which is what I want to put on the KE25. I'm guessing my KE15 came from Pitstop since the original owner was down that way.

Le Mans look to be the only original dealership still in operation. AMI, Pitstop & Goulds are the only other Melbourne dealers from that era I can recall.

Obviously any stickers still on existence on cars are going to be in poor condition. General idea is to try and photoshop any half decent ones and get them reprinted. At swap meets I have seen reproduced Holden/Ford dealer stickers. So far in my hunting at wreckers and whilst driving around, I have come across these.

post-4909-1280551417_thumb.jpg

On a 1973 KE25

dsc01020zj.jpg

By null at 2010-05-20

On an early 70's Crown

Is there anyone else out there with an original dealer sticker on their car? Or any photoshop guru's willing to have a go?

Edited by parrot

Members dont see this ad

Hi Parrot, I don't have dealer stickers from that specifc era but I do have these. Maybe stickers could be reproduced from thes images?

My ke70 was from Ken Morgan Toyota and I only discovered it by seeing the outlined letters on the boot lid as thats where they stuck them. Then when I strolling through pick a part I saw a little tidy ka ford laser with keys in the ignition, and on thekeys was this Ken Morgan Key ring - a must have for my car.

Dealership Key Ring

S5001558.jpg

S5001560.jpg

License plate frames

S5003597.jpg

S5003598.jpg

S5003599.jpg

S5003600.jpg

S5003601.jpg

S5003602.jpg

S5003603.jpg

http://www.rollaclub...a...st&id=55966

Dealer wallets

S5003611.jpg

S5003610.jpg

S5003608.jpg

S5003607.jpg

S5003605.jpg

S5003604.jpg

S5003613.jpg

S5003612.jpg

Edited by Ben-89

There are some beauties there!

Especially love the early Gould's and AMI City licence plate frames. Where did you find those?

The Goulds new vehicle document folde would be pretty early too, judging by the Rambler reference. AMI used to build Ramblers.

My stuff isn't as good as Bens, but like you both, I love this stuff. The window sticker is from my humpback but it's f@$ked. I lean towards pitstop as an ex employee. I noticed in the dealer location book yarra valley is in there. That's your end of town Parrot. You never know. I also saw Motor Court in Mornington in the book. Including country dealers there are 6 pages of Victorian dealers.

post-9793-1280563135_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1280563207_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1280563275_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1280563359_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1280563421_thumb.jpg

post-9793-1280563564_thumb.jpg

Parrot I'm glad you like the frames, I was lucky enough to still find these frames in boots of old Toyotas at pick a part and other car wreckers. I have 8 in total but its taken me a few years to build what I have though. The Goulds I got from Pick a Part and AMI I got off 78 7k rolla in exchange for old car magazines roadtesting the model Corollas he has.

Sadly when I did ask some wreckers if they had the frames they would just brake them off the plates before handing them in to vicraods :hmm: If anything, you will have more luck finding the vinyl wallets for service books though. When I was younger I used to search every glove box looking for manuals, service vouchers and impoetantly the different wallets. I happy that I can share actually these with guys like you and Bamboo who appreciate it.

I'll keep looking though :lolcry:

Yes I do really love this stuff. I can remember as kid in the early 70's going along to the dealers when my dad was buying or having his car serviced. It was a different time when toyota had to work really hard to establish themselves in the market via AMI and so on, before Toyota bought into AMI and took over.

I appreciate you guys making the effort to post them all up.

The reference to the breaking of the number plate frames was why I was so surprised you would have obtained them from wreckers.

One of the US guys had some good ones too. The best was an early 70's "Try it in a Toyota"

• 9 months later...

I don't reckon it would be too hard to recreate the pitstop ones...

scan the logo from the service book stuff and you would be 90% of the way there

heaps of places will custom make stickers for you from that point

they would be a cool thing :)

Cheers Abbott

Peter Robinson is an old school motor mechanic with a particular interest in old Corolla's. Seems to have a large supply of hard to find parts, and a knack for fixing cars without a reliance for plugging the car computer into the diagnostics reader. in my experience, if you go there looking for parts, he likes to suss you out before deciding whether you are worthy or not.

• 1 month later...