August 2, 201016 yr comment_456329 hi all i have myself a 17 sprinter and was wondering if they came out from factory with the mirrors on the gaurds? I can't make my mind up if i should put them on the guards or the doors ,just wanted to know your opinion on the looks? cheers Report
August 2, 201016 yr comment_456390 Chrome mirror on the door. Edited August 2, 201016 yr by AE70 Report
August 2, 201016 yr comment_456476 i do believe no australian delivered cars came out with fender mirrors as a pedestrian safety sort of thing, personally i don't like fender mirrors. I'd go on the door. Report
August 2, 201016 yr comment_456482 No, my 1969 KE15 has original fender mirrors. I believe they were deleted in Australia in favour of door/pillar mirrors shortly after this. But whether KE17's had them, I can't say. I had a look at the Australian brochures for the KE15 and KE17 and funnily enough none of the cars had any sort of exterior mirror or blanking plates to cover holes in guards or whatnot in any shots. Quite probably the brochure photos were shot in Japan anyway. Of course, japanese models continued with fender mirrors for many years. In the Japanese brochures, both the flatter style chrome mirrors and black cone style 'sport' mirrors were available on both KE15 and KE17. Strangely, the car in the Australian KE17 brochure appears to be a late KE15 in that it doesn't have 1200 badges on the front guards! Report
August 3, 201016 yr comment_456585 i prefer the fender mirror it looks more jap style but in australia they didnt come with the car as far as i know i i heard that where i live (WA) they are illegal :( can anyone clear that up ? Report
August 3, 201016 yr comment_456588 my crown has factory guard mounted ones, they are useless for vision. Report
August 3, 201016 yr comment_456589 I hear fender mirrors are a bit useless when it's raining.. Report
August 13, 201016 yr comment_459273 I have fender mirrors on my KE25 & KE26. You can see cars in your blind spots compared to door mirrors. But for reverse parking they are th worse! Cheers Bernie-Jay Report
August 14, 201016 yr comment_459354 i would honestly have to say door mirrors as fender mirrors are a pain in the arse when you park your car in the car park, come back and have to adjust them time and time again after people knock into them walking past the car. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now