4age Into Ke55. Tips/hints/opinions Appreciated!

jazzyke10

Hi just picked up an AE82 with BIGPORT 4AGE for 300bucks....... a steal! well I think so anyway...

And plan to throw the engine into my ke55.

I also have a Celica 5 speed which I was under the impression would bolt straight up....?

So was just hoping for a much info/opinions and hints as I could possibly get to help me along the way.

I will be selling all other parts/panels/wheels of the AE82 too, so offers invited.

-Jazzy

Edited by jazzyke10

Members dont see this ad
wont be for too much longer, sure did! its on the trailor as we speak

ha, just making sure as it had a bid on it but the ad says it in advertised elsewhere, was gonna say putting a bid on it does not own it :dance:

It has been taken down now, if you need an ecu (since they say it's faulty) pm ke70dave as he has my old spare one that he does not need.

name dropping i see there trev......

hehe

but yes if you need the ecu give me a pm, its just sitting on my desk at home.

not a bad looking ae82 there though, 300 bucks is a good deal. you will prolly be able to sell all the ae82 twinky stuff for a fair bit! (brakes etc)

as for the celica box, which one were you refering to? as any of the "W" boxes require a funky bellhousing (A-W) to "bolt" up.

name dropping i see there trev......

hehe

but yes if you need the ecu give me a pm, its just sitting on my desk at home.

not a bad looking ae82 there though, 300 bucks is a good deal. you will prolly be able to sell all the ae82 twinky stuff for a fair bit! (brakes etc)

as for the celica box, which one were you refering to? as any of the "W" boxes require a funky bellhousing (A-W) to "bolt" up.

Gotta help you sell it somehow :dance:

I think this still has the twinky wheel too since all that was taken out was the seats, carpet and console.

Gotta help you sell it somehow :dance:

I think this still has the twinky wheel too since all that was taken out was the seats, carpet and console.

it came with the lot, seats, carpet, console and front bar. score!

I'm not sure which gear box it is, but it was behind a 3t celica engine with a non removable bell housing.....?

ill post a pic tomorrow.

I'm good for the ecu, but thanks!

I'm gonna get it running tomorrow.

Jazzy I'm in the middle of this converstion atm ,seriously budget at least 1500 to have it running in a 55.

Celica gear box if its a ta22 you will need to change bellhousing ,but the shifter position is perfect for a 55.

Engine mounts easyer to use ae71 ,and cut the 55 mounts off the cross member.

Then start on the water system ,few different ways to do it but a real pain geting bits and pieces.

I m sure people have done it cheaper but it does cost ,until you start youll see what i mean.

Not trying to put you off the converstion just letting you no it will cost.(depending on how much you can do your self)

I found a couple of good supplers of parts etc pm me if you need any help

rob

Edited by corollaart