20v Silvertop 4age Into A Ke30 2dr

HayzTawil

hi evry1 i have installed a 4age 20v in my ke30 i have a ta22 diff which is yet to go in is this enough for an engineers?? also what can i do for front brake upgrade just looking for somethng not so complicated money is not too much of an issue, thanks!

one more thing is the ta22 diff strong enough for the 20v silvertop?? ive read some threads on the issue but still not too sure any input would be much appreciated!!!

Members dont see this ad

hey mate, welcome to the rollaclub!

throw up a members ride, lets see some pics of this beast!

as for your questions:

re: engineer.

ring an engineer!

the engineer is going to be the one signing off, so only his oppinion matters. and although its good to hear other peoples experiences, not all engineers want the same thing. so its best to speak to one in person.

re: strength of diff.

depends how you drive it, the Ta22 diff will be a T series i think, which are fairly strong. though some people have broken them with standard 4ac's, other people have had success for years with them with 4agte's. depends how harsh your left foot is.

re: brake upgrade

can't help you hear much, though have a read through the members ride sections, few ke30's with chunky brakes getting around. hopefully someone can jump in here and help out with this.

ke30 20V NA will be fine and probably a good choice with a t-series thats is in good condition. Turboing it will break the t-series(more so drag racing it but thats another story)

Brake upgrade: There is a few kicking around on the internet mainly toymods. Search google.

Money not an option? pay someone to build the brake setup for you.

thanks guys apreciate it!! down the track i will be using a turbo what is a suitible diff? and what kind of turbo is good to use on this engin?

don't know any1 that builds break upgrades i spoke to one bloke he said he can do it for 700 but i lost all his details

Edited by HayzTawil

down the track i will be using a turbo

If you are going to turbo a Silvertop I'm pretty sure there is a couple of things you need to do to the internals (change compression, replace with some 4AGZE parts etc). I'm sure there is a guide kicking around if you do a quick google (if not there is probably some on SamQs site). Worth taking a quick look at now, just so you know that it's not a simple bolt on when you get to it later :dance:

• 7 months later...

thanks for all the input guys!!

I have the t series in now havnt thrashed it yet to c if it lasts lol hopefully it's ok,

Front brakes still trying to find something I think I'm going to look into the xt130 conversion apparently it's pretty straight forward. thanks again :) :)

No worries bud, well it depends on what u going to do with it I think I'm planning on turbocharging mine in the future the st I think has later model gze rods which r stronger than the bt ones and I think the bt revs higher also the throttles on the bt are somewhat bigger I think bout 3 or 4 mills..

St runs a afm and bt runs a ams.

Silvertop and Blacktop are very similar. Same VVT system, same camshaft duration, they are the same thing in general terms I guess. Having owned both its more or less the same to drive, perhaps the blacktop is a bit better at high rpm, and the silvertop more grunty in the mid revs. More specifically the blacktop has more lift on the inlet cam I believe, larger exhaust ports by about 1/8 of an inch, larger inlet ports and bigger bore itbs, thinner, slightly lighter conrods, a lighter flywheel, hydraulic timing belt tensioner and a 1 tooth longer belt, slightly higher compression, its just a touch more highly strung I guess, but still very reliable.

Google Bill Sherwoods pages and have a read and look at the images.

I think silvertop rods are the same as gze rods, wheras blacktop rods are different and refined with na in mind.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Cheers mate I've had my st for a little while but only drivin it two or three times up the road n back havnt had alot of time to research but I think I know the basics anyway thanks for that I'm sure it would b very helpful to alot of people! ;)