How Do U Remove The Steering Wheel On A T18

t18drifts

Members dont see this ad
need help i can't get my stock steering wheel of

Sit in front of it and SMACK it with both hands (side of fists) in a drumming motion around the edge - Then pull !

Should pop off ;)

Edited by Scoobzd

hmm i can't even get that far i thought all u had to do was take the screws of at the back of the well and i did and i couldnt seem to find any more to do and got lost so yeah probs some pics may help if pos ..... Stilll don't have my car bak yet ;( ..........but i found my spare set of keys today ;) hehehehahahahahhehahahehahehahehahahe lol

Did you take the big nut off the middle? The screws on the back let you get to the horn assembly and that's it.

If its similar to a ksev there should be a large nut behind the plastic toyota emblem in the middle of the wheel..

wasnt that started by the same guy that started this thread?

hmm..

either way as trev knows ive been playing steering wheel roulette lately, and the best method ive found is what is described in the last post in that thread.

sit in the drivers seat with the nut undone, but still on the thread. pull really hard on the steering wheel.

get a helper to gently tap the nut with a hammer, you may need someting like a socket extension to get onto the nut easily, give it a tap and it should come off easily.

don't belt the hell out of it, or you will just ruin the nut/thread.

As Ke70Dave said, loosen nut, wiggle wheel off.

Do not completely remove the nut when you are wiggling, otherwise you will smack yourself in the face with the wheel due to the force.

I have done the loosen and wiggle technique multiple times lately changing my steering wheel and it works fine. Why buy a tool for this when it is so simple ;)

wasnt that started by the same guy that started this thread?

hmm..

either way as trev knows ive been playing steering wheel roulette lately, and the best method ive found is what is described in the last post in that thread.

sit in the drivers seat with the nut undone, but still on the thread. pull really hard on the steering wheel.

get a helper to gently tap the nut with a hammer, you may need someting like a socket extension to get onto the nut easily, give it a tap and it should come off easily.

don't belt the hell out of it, or you will just ruin the nut/thread.

Yeah I was pointing out his 2 threads ;)

I do the same as what scoobzd does in post 2.

lol ok my phone f@*ked up and sent it 2 times ffs hmm I'm waiting on my boss kit to come in anyways or does any one here wana buy my isotta wheel of me its real sxc :blinks:

I find my idiotta wheels better for drifting without the nut holding it on ;)