Trev'S Hachi Ni Sedan

Trev

wow, that's awesome man, could you do a "how-to" write up on that? :P

you should put the rest of the tincan dash in!

Ohh, and it seem nobody in here can speak Japanese. proper romaji for 82 is "hati zyuu-ni"(hachi ju-ni)

It shits me the way people improperly itemizes numbers like that. We don't have to copy the retarded nissan squad.

when's the rest of the tincan swap coming?

A very good condition twincam gearknob for free that if I paired with my wheel (that is near perfect would fetch 400 odd dollars, well worth a pic to me.

Starting to think about pulling the hachi ni from the title.

Edited by Trev

Members dont see this ad

Went up and did a few things to it today like flush the radiator and check engine earths as once it is running for a few mins the temp gauge goes to hot and the fuel needle goes way past the full mark, the car does not seem to be getting hot so I will look over the dash earths.

One thing I noticed though when I looked in the engine bay fuse box was this:

post-1373-052613500 1290512105_thumb.jpg

It is a make shift headlight (not parkers) warning alarm that works when the lights are on and the ignition is in the off or acc position, this isn't a bad idea as I was going to buy a headlight warning system for it. From what I could see it only has 2 wires, 1 goes to the HEAD(RH)(headlight) fuse and the other to the ENGINE fuse, it isn't loud but you can hear it, I will place a similar buzzer in the dash and hook it up to both park and headlights.

• 1 month later...

Went up and did a few things to it today like flush the radiator and check engine earths as once it is running for a few mins the temp gauge goes to hot and the fuel needle goes way past the full mark, the car does not seem to be getting hot so I will look over the dash earths.

Now that it is at home I had a decent look over it and found a faulty thermostat that only opened slightly when hot, kinda weird as the radiator never felt overly hot but probably because there wasn't enough flow to push the hot water out and into the rad so I gutted the one that is in there until I buy a new one, also think that the fuel sender is just faulty from sitting around so I will take it out and see what I can do.

Since I am registering as a SOHC I decided I should clean the engine bay up, I do not know what is over it but it is like soot so I got a sponge and started wiping but I am going to leave the rest for the degreaser and gernie.

Cleaning comparison:

post-1373-028216500 1294058597_thumb.jpg

Closer look:

post-1373-030346800 1294058619_thumb.jpg

Closer look of the still dirty side:

post-1373-073944900 1294058647_thumb.jpg

I am hoping that the engine bay isn't stained like most of them are.

Edited by Trev

• 1 month later...

I am getting my old bigport GZE back and I should have a FWD turbo manifold next week, plan to drive the 4ac for a while and do the GTE conversion in one go.

Still have not got the sedan regd as yet either.

Happy days! I couldnt help but notice earlier you mentioned a half cage....any spares laying around?

No probs, if it could be modified to fit a hatch & you decide one day you don't want it anymore let me know. :cool:

Not even sure if I will be able to use that one as it is my dads. It wouldn't take much for me to make one but it gives it too much of the it's fast look which I don't really want.

Oh, I wondered what was getting the GTE. FWD torque steer party :cool: I'd run an ecu that can run launch and traction control for those hairy wet weather days QLD is getting fond of again...

Ha, thought I had told you, will be running the standard ecu with low boost until I can get a Haltech.

Got my GZE back tonight :dance:

I also took some parts off of my GE that the buyer did not need.

Spare GE head, oil sandwich plate and sump/windage tray with oil drain.

post-1373-034228000 1298645723_thumb.jpg

My cam covers, cams etc.

post-1373-030720500 1298645767_thumb.jpg

The engine, BACK HOME.

post-1373-007131500 1298645745_thumb.jpg

And again.

post-1373-015983800 1298645759_thumb.jpg

Plan to hopefully pull the head off today hope that the bores are all good, if so then it will get dipped, re-ringed and new bearings and then I can move onto the head.

Engine is in the patio outside (back of house) my bedroom window, last night it stormed here and the water was coming in the window so I closed it, little did I know that the glad wrap had come off the engine and got a bit of water in the cylinders. FUUUUUUUUUU

I dried the water up and turned the engine over to get as much as I can out and filled them with oil and rubbed it into the bores, I will hopefully take it to work saturday and get started with the stripping and measuring.