Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Bought Another Corolla!

Featured Replies

Yes, I today traded my Galant in for a 2004 ZZE122R Corolla Seca Ascent. She's a metallic dark grey/black sort of colour, 5-speed manual, has a rear spoiler, sports muffler, and stiffer sports shocks (I think they're Toyota ones). She's only got 22,500km on the clock, and is still covered by factory warranty. WOO-HOO!!!

 

Gladys the Galant has served me reasonably well, but I'm happy to see her move on.

 

In an interesting side note, check out this trivia about my cars I've owned.

 

1ST CAR: 1984 Honda Accord - 57kW, 77hp

2ND CAR: 1990 Mitsubishi Galant - 77kW, 102hp

3RD CAR: 2004 Toyota Corolla - 100kW, 134hp

 

(Obviously this doesn't include Lola my '81 model Corolla)

 

Isn't it interesting how with each new road car I get a car with about the same number of kilowatts as I had horsepower in the previous car?

  • Author

Actually, just thinking about that last bit, and Lola's probably got almost 134kW, as she's got a late-model 4A-GZE (170hp, 126kW), but this is running extractors and aftermarket ECU, so an extra 8kW (10hp) would seem about right. Pity I bought her BEFORE the latest Corolla.

zze122s do phat handbrakies, have some fun :P

get ready to sniff petrol when you bounce it off the limiter

  • Author

I've been told I'm not allowed to take it circuit racing or rallying though. :sad: Well, not yet at least, maybe when it's a couple of years old. :P For now I'll have to settle for traffic light drags. Wheels claim it does a 16.5sec quarter mile, but they always test with two people in the car and at least half a tank of fuel, so I reckon a bit lower in the 16's is plausible, sub-16's if I do some weight removals :rocknroll:.

 

SuperJamie - what do you mean I should be ready to sniff petrol when bouncing it off the rev limiter???

bounce it off the limiter and see for yourself. maybe it uses an ignition cut but keeps the injectors going, and it backs up into the inlet because of the low vacuum. it's actually a really soft limiter, you hardly feel you're on it

congrats mate... lately i've been thinking how nice it'd be to just own a nice, new, trouble free, everything works, no road noise car... then i wake up and realise i don't have the money :P

  • Author

Slight delay in getting car, finance wasn't approved. I'm sort of glad anyway, as I've found a cheaper loan through someone else. It just means that I'll have to wait a couple of extra days to get the car and I won't be able to get the optional 'defence pack' which included a security window tint, paint protection, a computerized rust protection thing and some other stuff. At $2,000 I think it was a bit of a waste of money anyway. Hopefully I might be able to get her on or by Friday though. Trying to think of what to call her. Usually I like my cars to have girl's names that rhyme with either their brand or model (eg. Rhonda the Honda, Lola Corolla). Unfortunately I've already named my KE55 Lola, so all I can think of is Leila. It doesn't rhyme, but Leila and Lola sounds cool.

  • Author

I checked out the price on one at Bridge Toyota in the city. The salesman told me Toyota have ceased production of them (WTF!?!?!). While I could get an Ascent for $19,990 driveaway, the Sportivo didn't have a driveaway price and was about $31,000 including on-road costs!!! Ouch! My Corolla is second hand from Darwin Mitsubishi (still sitting there I think) and is costing $17,990 minus $2,000 trade-in for the Galant. Considering it's coming with spoiler, factory alloys, sports muffler and supposedly stiffer springs, it's not too bad. It at least means I can put off any mods until I can actually afford them. :P

  • Author

Here are the factory fitted accessories the previous owner was so kind to buy for me:

 

3658.jpg

Sportivo (15" X 6") Talon Alloy Wheels

 

4529.jpg

Sportivo Roof Spoiler

 

3663.jpg

Sportivo Sports Muffler

 

4539.jpg

Sportivo Sports Spring Kit

 

It's also got a Hayman Reese towbar. I don't think that's the factory option, though I could be wrong. I'll have to see if Hayman Reese have a website with the specs on it.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.