Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Rim Offset

Featured Replies

Before I start sorry if this has been covered I've typed into the search function but couldn't find. I'm looking at getting some new rims for my ke70 sedan with standard guards at the moment but will be flaring out bottom lip as in tech quide.

 

My question is will 15 x 8 +/- 4 fit under the guards with some stretch tires or hang out? The car is only a weekender but I don't really wanna be getting defected and asking for trouble.

 

Cheers for ya help

I put 14x7.5 0 offset on the front of my T18 and need the guards rolled, and same with 14x8 0 offset needs the guards rolled on the rear.

  • Author

Yeah sorry guards will be rolled and flared as in tech article.

I got 15x8 0 offset on my ke70 with lowering springs all round and shorter shocks in the rear. Tyres rub on rear guards but thats only with the guards quickly bashed out I haven't got around to doing them properly but will be similar to the tech article you mentioned once done. Fronts OK at the moment but will need to come lower as I still have to make the front springs captive. Guards will have to come out quite a bit but I shouldn't have an issue once their done hope this helps.

FWIW:

loburno37w1ug9vq7c9iqpot6ox72r8es16s7blhogpesgw8qu.jpg

 

14 x 8 -6 on the rear, obviously no tyres though. Guards are not flared, but have been 'pulled' out about 5mm. I'd imagine a +/- 0 offset would sit a fraction bit more in that that on a standard guard. You would NEED to have the inner lips of the guards folded/rolled up, but other than that I'd say you could get them to fit w/o massive flaring etc.

Edited by bLinded_

  • Author

Sweet guys cheers for the help. Think I might go 15 x 8 -4 on front and 15 x 8 +4 on rear but I'll try on and see how they sit. Liking the picture above though looks sweet.

On KE70s wheels sit further in at the rear, so -4 all round is ok. Fronts are easier to roll/pull.

 

I have 15x8-4 all round, pokes a little

On KE70s wheels sit further in at the rear, so -4 all round is ok. Fronts are easier to roll/pull.

 

I have 15x8-4 all round, pokes a little

You do? Are they Watanabe's?! :D

  • Author

I'm looking at superlights love them things. Selling original wantanabies to find but don't know what there worth???

Gee I'm not that rich seabiscuit haha

 

They are actually superlites

  • Author

Alright so now next choice is tyres. I want some stretch, but was wondering what size and style/brand people suggest?

Don't get to much stretch, I had a sidewall collapse on Monday, was a 185/60 r14 on a 7.5" wide wheel, but then the tire was old and only had 35PSI in it. then I put a 195/60 on and still stretches a little but not too much.

  • Author

LOL I was gunna run 195's on the 8 inch but after that think I may look into 205/40/15. Unless some1's had success with 195???

I'm running 195's now on my 8" as well, just get 195/50 if your using 15's it will be better because you will have smaller stiffer sidewall.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.