October 10, 201015 yr comment_474758 HP figures mean squat - bigger turbo's with big boost make more power - not an ecu. My mates EMS powered 2J S13 made 600 rwhp. New motor will make close to 800. The new EMS ecu's have individual cylinder trim and control of the angle for sequential injection - I don't know crap about powerFC - but I know EMS make a quality product and I like to support Australian companies. Report
October 10, 201015 yr comment_474767 PowerFC is basically an advanced factory ecu and they are very limited to tuning parameters, I would prefer a Haltech. There is a PowerFC on ebay to suit a 4age 86 and they want $1980 for it without the commander, FC's are just overpriced, I reckon that NISTUNE has better functionality over one. Report
October 10, 201015 yr comment_474794 PowerFC is basically an advanced factory ecu and they are very limited to tuning parameters, I would prefer a Haltech. There is a PowerFC on ebay to suit a 4age 86 and they want $1980 for it without the commander, FC's are just overpriced, I reckon that NISTUNE has better functionality over one. Super expensive for that PowerFC without the Commander, but I guess thats what the Takumi Tax brings when its an AE86. Overpriced? I can pick one up for around $1000-$1100 shipped, so not all that expensive really :) And yes, bigger turbos and more boost amps up the power, but you also need the ECU to support it. If I wanted to support an Australian product, I'd buy a Commodore or Falcon (shudders), not a Chaser. Report
October 11, 201015 yr comment_474851 I just spent the last hour researching the powerFC - they don't even state the the full specs of the unit on there webpage - I'll take the best bang for buck ecu every time - within minutes I had a list of all the things an EMS can do and it does alot. An hour in and I don't know what the powerFC can do for me - apart from that I don't need to understand EFI to any degree to install one. The reason why people like Power FC's is because they're idiot proof. You plug it in and drive to the dyno shop and get a tune because they come with a a half decent base map that should run your vehicle to some degree. My biggest gripe is that if you ever want to return your car to stock you're left with an ECU that's restricted to one engine! Don't forget the $450 for the software if you want to data log or tune with a notebook. I'm sure you love powerFC because you have one - but they're not a cut above the rest like you imagine - they're right on the bottom shelf next to a microtech for features. Report
October 11, 201015 yr comment_474907 I don't have one. Where did I say they were a "cut above the rest"? I merely stated for ease of tuning, a PowerFC is the way to go. 5 minutes found these: Autospeed Review PowerFC on the Nengun Performance Website Report
October 11, 201015 yr comment_474908 An hour in and I don't know what the powerFC can do for me It will make your car run and let you tune a few things :laff: It is a gay mans ecu. Report
October 11, 201015 yr comment_474923 It will make your car run and let you tune a few things :laff: It is a gay mans ecu. Says the man who rides a road bike and drives an AE82 :lolcry: Report
October 11, 201015 yr comment_474944 Says the man who rides a road bike and drives an AE82 :lolcry: You just wanna jump on the back :P Report
October 11, 201015 yr Author comment_474982 ahahha ecu battles i had 2x ems's now one was awesome second was jus confused now I'm hoping will be awesome :) now gotta sort some suspension cressy in squatting machine atm.. am keen 2 get a decent drive 2 as on properly lic lol.. not easy find decent coilovers is same people like some things others swear there the worst product in the world lol confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!! coilover battle comense :wink: Report
October 11, 201015 yr comment_474983 I'm running CST Zero-1 in the Chaser. can't compare them to anything else as I havent used anything else but they're reasonably stiff (not sure on spring rates), 15-way adjustable via clickers on the top and of course, height adjustable too. Report
October 11, 201015 yr comment_475001 They stiffen up well, thats for sure. The CST stands for Circuit Spec Tune and they came with my car. If you're doing heavy track work, I'd suggest TEIN or Cusco or something along those lines with a more solid spring rate. My fronts are 10kg and the rears are 8kg, Report
October 11, 201015 yr Author comment_475022 yea am looking round at options not doin heavy track just like occasional. best option thus far seems to be making my struts into coilovers running bilstein adj inserts valved to match 12/8 spring rates cheers Dylan Report
October 12, 201015 yr comment_475144 Check out XYZ's, seem to have pretty good feedback so far. Report
October 12, 201015 yr Author comment_475170 will investigate cheers m8..so limited in range for them it seems.. they don't do it for jzx81/mx83 lame lol Edited October 12, 201015 yr by mx83dylzy Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now