Distributor Identification For 100Kw Smallport

Brooklandsbob

I'm trying to identify the distributor in my 100kw motor. The serial number sticker is long gone. pics hopefully attatched. Does anyone have the part number for the 100kw motor???.

The pic of the one with the rotor arm is - I believe to be out of a redtop bigport. Can I use this sucessfully in the Smallport motor

Many thanks

Bob

post-12036-028725800 1285530222_thumb.jpg

post-12036-042719700 1285530236_thumb.jpg

post-12036-088115800 1285530381_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

the main diference is that the smallport has 3 pickups/triggers in it, a 24tooth wheel with 1 trigger, and then 2 pickups on a 2tooth wheel.(4 wires, square style plug). the top photo is one of these

bigport only has 2 pickups, a 24tooth wheel with 1 pickup (back of dizzy), and a 4 tooth with 1 pickup (front, closest to rotor button) (3 wires, round plug)

not interchangeable as far as i know.

you may be able to use a smallport dizzy in a bigport and just disregard a pickup. but it would require some thinking to work out which trigger does what. and some rewiring. but you wont be able to use the bigport dizzy in the smallport as it will be missing a pickup.