Crushing Hoon Drivers Car

abbott

Just imagine if this was your pride and joy...motivation enough I say.

These were the first two cars to be crushed in SA this week. 93 offences between them :fuzz: :lolcry:

I like the idea of the 93 offenses, including drink driving and driving while disqualified.

What were the lesser ones ?

Did anybody watch "RBT" on tv the other night ? One of the guys the cops pulled over asked what his reading was and all the cop said was that he was over the limit, wouldn't even tell the guy what it was.....

waste of a good mx73. I love them

Cause they don't meet the minimum four star safety criteria so it'll either get crushed or used for SES/fire training.

Members dont see this ad

Did anybody watch "RBT" on tv the other night ? One of the guys the cops pulled over asked what his reading was and all the cop said was that he was over the limit, wouldn't even tell the guy what it was.....

No need to, as the breathalyser reading has to be confirmed back at the station for it to count - so any reading over the limit on the hand-held unit means that they get taken to the station and a proper accurate number generated from the bench-top unit.

No need to, as the breathalyser reading has to be confirmed back at the station for it to count - so any reading over the limit on the hand-held unit means that they get taken to the station and a proper accurate number generated from the bench-top unit.

Is that from experience? ;)

Is that from experience? ;)

Nope, never once blown more than 0.00 on an RBT. It's common knowledge though these days that the handheld units are not 100% accurate, so if you blow over then you're still not necessarily over, so they take you to the station to do a better more accurate test. The thing is, by the time you get to the station and do the test, if you were borderline before then there is a decent chance you'll blow under at the station and get off scot-free

• 2 months later...

Nope, never once blown more than 0.00 on an RBT. It's common knowledge though these days that the handheld units are not 100% accurate, so if you blow over then you're still not necessarily over, so they take you to the station to do a better more accurate test. The thing is, by the time you get to the station and do the test, if you were borderline before then there is a decent chance you'll blow under at the station and get off scot-free

unless you've only just finished your last beer, then you'll blow higher at the station. And yes, I am talking from experience... :glare: unfortunately

unless you've only just finished your last beer, then you'll blow higher at the station. And yes, I am talking from experience... :glare: unfortunately

Which is often why they ask "have you had any drinks in the last 15 minutes" or the like, to make sure that everything has been absorbed into your system and a breath test isn't going to be contaminated with fumes still in your mouth/throat.