What Should I Do Now?

TOMsGPTurbo

Well... since I don't have a 4E ECU and wiring harness and sensors .... maybe I should invest in a aftermarket system... what's a good one?

My suspension is making rattle sounds all the time... whats a good place to get it done?

I need a FMIC whats a good place to get it done?

Clutch is getting very soft to push in??? whats up with that?

I'm thinking maybe I should just take it to a shop and say fix it ... leave and then get the shock of my life when I have to pay the bill with a loan :D

What would you do in my shoes... (I wanna keep the car)

- another choice is to buy another car 500 buck 323 or something to get from bris to coast and back daily... but if I do this I think its sorta giving up on the car..

Members dont see this ad

Thanks Ben, well...I'm not sure if we could fix his problems?

Today when I was walking to the car I looked at the wheel and it looked sorta strange... like a flatspot on it... but get this... its completely all lumpy!!! I'm scared its gonna blow out :no: The worst thing is that I'm completely broke and the car is near dead - the clutch is engaging as soon as I lift it off the floor so I'm trying not to use gears to much ... also today when I was braking down a hill a loud humming sound was coming from the rear left... :D

Wish I could afford a 2nd car like a seca but for the money to buy one.. I could just fix maxi.. hmmm what to do???? Anyone wanna rob a bank with me ;)

I could get a loan for 3grand for over 7yrs but the catch is I have to use the whole 3 grand... so I need: 2 x tyers, allignment, 4 x shocks, 4 x springs, FMIC, 4EFTE ECU + Harness + sensors, clutch and maybe a new turbo (I think its burning oil slowly), rust fixed, tint redone.... no doubt that would easily be 3 grand but I only earn 400 a week damn gov. jobs... :D so the interest would kill me!!

Ohwell... :sad:

hey tom

was anthony able to diagnose/fix the source of any probs??? or are these new ones? :D did anything come out of that claim againt stz?

personally i'd go with haltech...still cheapish and allows you to play with settings yourself....so long as you know what your doing of course

as far as suspension goes i can't reccommend Ken Graham from Accurate Suspension enough...he's a font of wisdom, an all round good guy and wont rip you off.

you're thinking it'll cost about 3k to fix the probs? do you think you'll encounter further probs? you don't seem to be having too much luck with it atm. If you decided to sell maxi how much do you think you could get?

do you think its worth trying to fix maxi and if so how sure are you of reliability. perhaps try to sell maxi and buy a 4ac sprinter for around the 3k mark. :D

then if you felt really adventurous you could still take out the 3k loan and deck out the sprinter. mmm, perhaps 4age or get the footwork sorted. bah i'm starting to waffle. i stop now

your outlook is obviously longterm so think about which oportunity suits you best

Thank you for the support :no:

My out look is long term, and unfortunatly the only factor that has stopped me from doing the car up and stopping these problems from occuring in the 1st place is money. If I did decide to cut my losses I would indeed buy a Sprinter (Like your one Nick - (Arani says hi and goodluck!)) I've come so far already and I can't give up - when I think about it I get nightmares :D

The problems which I have now - are major problems but problems that would occur to any old car in time - since I use the car more then an average person would use their car it is expected to have that amount of ware'n'tear (near 1000km a week) :D

Some good news tonight - Stasi (Rolla II Owner from New Castle) is giving me his 4EFTE ECU for free! Nick how do I contact the suspension guy? Anthony originally found the problems with the electrics and last time I spoke to him he was keen to fix it all up. Now I need 2 x tyers - do you think I should just get some cheapies? would they fit on my rims (P.S: Teddy their not for sale hehe).

One day when I we hold a help day do you think we could change the clutch on maxi? its hard cause its FWD :sad:

The fure of maxi: after his suspension, elec probs, cosmetic, I want to get a turbo kit and fmic maybe a LSD - small body kit, gut out the interior 2 x bucket seats, and make him a mountain climber - long term goals.

Many thanks once again for your support, I hope to fix maxi (I'm sounding like a broken record!!) and get to a rolla-club cruise!

Take care

Tom.

P.S: when things start going wrong - fix em before they make other things go wrong!

Accurate Suspension

Ken Graham

13 Timms Court,

Woodridge

I can strongly recommend Ken as well, he really knows his stuff and is very reasonable on price etc. He helped sort out a lot of the issues with my Lancer GSR. BUT, I wouldn't go to him to find out what is worn on the car, he's a busy man in high demand (and he charges his labour like so too) and I recon he's got better things to do than find worn bushes. Go to a generic suspension place, find out what's worn, get them replaced, and then go to Ken to tune your suspension.

hey tom :D

anth is in sydney until saturday. He doesnt have much on when he gets back. My car finally goes in on monday and should only take a few days. Your best bet would be to get it done around that time when anthony has a bit of time on his hands.

best of luck getting things sorted out. Looks like your on your way already :D

say hi & thanks to arani for me

Hi guys

195's 15" rim low profile - Thanks heaps Irokin

demuire - ok thanks for that advice, I think Fulcrum do a free check so I might get that before hand, If I buy all the suspension parts could we do it on a rolla help day?

NickAE86- Yeh I have him on MSN but he doesn't reply to my posts even if his online so I hope he does have time to fix my car thats if he is still interetsed at all - I'll call him soon.

Stasi who gave me the ECU has now set me up with a RX7 Intercooler and piping to suit EP82 engine so I'm gonna get that installed when it comes up... its great timing too because my i/c is starting to get a hole from where it rubs on the bonnet :D

Oh yeh, in reply to your questions above, I have spent around 6 grand (not including purchase price of 3 grand) on the car if I did sell it in its current state of tune - (it would not pass a roadworthy, so no rego) I would proberly get around 2 grand on a good day.... so cutting my losses would only get me another problem... so I may aswell stick to my current problem and fix it.